Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area
 [Register]
Fort Lauderdale area Broward County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 08:08 AM

2,763 posts, read 6,736,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compelled to reply View Post
All I can say to this is huh???? The neighborhood west of 95 is largely "white trash" although pretty well integrated (no Mexicans though), with large pockets of wealthy Jewish people that seem out of place (Emerald Hills?) and a lot of more middle class whites too. I would say that the area stretching from 95 westward to about 56th Ave is at least 70% white, and probably one of the biggest "white" holdouts in the county, and you would honestly find more Hispanics in Cooper City then you would find in that area. I would also call this area more middle class with a blue collar edge (think Hollywood Hills). Over by State Road 7 it turns more Hispanic and more low income but with hardly any Mexicans and more Central Americans and working class South Americans. I would say that area is about half Hispanic (from anywhere but Mexico), 40% "white trash" and 10% other. The reservation actually has very few Native Americans and mostly consists (again) of "white trash" with a couple of Hispanics from anywhere but Mexico.
ha - and that isn't saying much cuz there aren't a lot of Hispanics in Cooper city. Good post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 12:06 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,914,537 times
Nowhere in Hollywood--not even US1--gives me the same feeling as 441 through Lauderhill/Laurderdale Lakes. This is based on driving through and regularly shopping in both places. Hollywood looks fine to me, and there ARE worse areas in Broward (as well as better areas).

Old 05-22-2010, 08:16 AM

43 posts, read 112,678 times
I live in the Hollywood Lakes area, between Intercoastal and US1.
I love it here and love Hollywood.
Ofcourse, there are some not so good neighborhoods but every city in S. Florida has that.
For a city of 150K, I think Hollywood has alot going on.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:46 AM

49 posts, read 132,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk071077 View Post
Hollywood is seedy. Hollywood is sketchy. Hollywood is rough. WAAWAAWAAA!!!! Shut up.

I've lived in many different places in sofla and Hollywood is just fine. It's actually better than a lot of places.

So what there are some not so great areas. This is south florida. Go lock yourselves in a gated community or a condo building if thats what you need to feel safe. The people who badmouth hollywood don't know what they are talking about. For average working class people Hollwood is not a bad place to live.

I really could care less what some of the losers on this forum say about anything. Im just bored.
I love South Florida. I will be moving back soon. Right now, I live in a small town in north Alabama and people are crazy here, too. There are gang problems here, too. There is crime here too. I'm more scared here than I was down there. My kids can't even play in there front yard, because of the bully kids in the neighborhood. Some days I feel I might have to fight a kid. We don't have a back yard, just a big cliff. It looks like a scene from "Deliverance" in my backyard.

You have problems when you have crime in a small area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Lauderdale area