Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 09:22 PM

493 posts, read 1,386,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinda View Post
Are you cold too or is it just me?

I am soooooo cold up here, even in June. My thoughts are being in Sunny and Warm Florida to join my husband. He said it is so nice down there now. He doesn't even notice the humidity.

I just took a hot bath to warm up. We haven't seen much of the sun this month. I was even wishing I had my winter coat in church this morning but they had the air conditioning on.

I was just wondering how many people from Wisconsin or the midwest that read this forum are planning on moving to Fort Myers area.
Pinda,
Here is one from Michigan that can tell you after putting away my winter jacket for the um-teenth time this non-existent, very winter like, dark and nasty, supposed spring has got me wishing we were already in Florida!

Fort Myers is a possibility for us, but I think Cape Coral or Punta Gorda has our first interests. Whichever you chose, the weather WILL BE WARMER THAN THE MIDWEST!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 08:08 AM

325 posts, read 1,020,124 times
Default I just ran into this old post of mine

I just saw this old post of mine and wanted to again say I am so grateful to be here in sunny warm Florida. Our family keeps saying this is one of the coldest crummiest springs in Wisconsin this year AGAIN. When I was selling our home last summer, I was pumping the water out of our yard to get rid of a pond that formed from almost record breaking rains. I guess Michigan is similar to Wisconsin.

If you are planning on coming to Florida, just keep invisioning the beautiful sun and the warm weather to give you hope and a dream, like I did. I needed to keep that hope alive and well. The Lord blessed us with a quick sale of our home (some of the homes are still on the market that I felt were our competion). I don't know what I would have done because I just couldn't go through another winter up there.

Keep the dream alive and make sure you visit in the summer to see if you can handle the heat, we can but some of our family doesn't handle it as well as we do. We had to put the air on to 69 and 70 degrees when they came to visit and I was freezing. Right now, we mostly only put the air on at night and sometimes in the morning to cool my office down because of the eastern exposure. Most of the time during the day we don't use the air because we are in a condo for now and it retains the coolness nicely.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:28 AM

142 posts, read 417,318 times
My husband and I close on a condo in Bonita Springs (near Coconut Point Road) a week from today. We were born and raised in Oshkosh but have lived in NW Wisconsin for nearly 30 year. We hope to get away to FL as much as possible in the winter while still keeping our jobs up north.

I don't hate winters but they are just sooooo long up here!!!

pinda, I have read a few of your posts. Glad your move has been a positive one. I'm very familiar with the Appleton area. Many years ago, my father was an instructor at Fox Valley Tech.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:16 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,436,891 times
We are from northern Illinois (Rockford area) after 30 years working for a municipally, retiring as of July 1. House is up for sale now, can't wait to be GONE! We rented a pool home in Cape Coral 2 years ago in August, and in Estero last July. We CAN take the HEAT, just have to be smart as to when you are going to do stressful physical activity, or buy ice cream!

Old 05-27-2011, 02:42 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinda View Post
We had to put the air on to 69 and 70 degrees when they came to visit and I was freezing.
I'm glad that you love your new home. However, do have your thyroid checked. And make sure it is a doctor that understands the thyroid, really understands. I flew under the radar for years until it was a major problem. You might test fine and the thyroid may still not be working properly. Not every doctor understands the different ways to test.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:33 AM

325 posts, read 1,020,124 times
So glad you are coming to beautiful Florida. I think if people come here not expecting perfection you won't be disappointed. If you come thinking everything is roses you may be disappointed. I think anyone reading these forums will hopefully see both sides of living here and not just the negatives or postitives. For me the positives far out way the negatives. I tend to be a bit of an idealist but reading these forums for years has helped to not come down with rose colored glasses and in fact as I mentioned in other posts, by reading so many negative comments, I feel that things are better here than I was expecting.

Really, the negative comments almost kept us from moving here. We were going to Texas but a better job transfer came up in Fort Myers and we went for it and I am so glad we did. I believe there is more sunshine here in Fort Myers than where we almost went. By the way, I did fall in love with Texas but I do believe God wanted us here because He knows I need more sunshine than the area in Texas we almost moved to.

Happy to be able to go outside and feel that beautiful warm sunshine and enjoy the coast breezes.

I will get my thyroid checked again. I know I still have some health issues to deal with but I would say I am 70 to 80% better here because of my NEED for sunshine. Yeah!!!!

Old 06-03-2011, 12:49 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,282,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardvanderbosch View Post
We are from northern Illinois (Rockford area) after 30 years working for a municipally, retiring as of July 1. House is up for sale now, can't wait to be GONE! We rented a pool home in Cape Coral 2 years ago in August, and in Estero last July. We CAN take the HEAT, just have to be smart as to when you are going to do stressful physical activity, or buy ice cream!
Report just in from the commissioner of dangerous information for your waistline

Royal Scoop!

Royal Scoop - Bonita Springs Florida Homemade Ice Cream!

handily just off the road from 75 to Barefoot or Dog Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area