Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 08:23 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,091,624 times

Advertisements

maybe we should all hug a pimp or invite a crack head over for dinner because it is obviously not their fault it's the succesful white person that is to blame for all the world's ilks.

People make choices and they are the only people to blame for their bad choices. Like Hik, I was semi homeless for a little while. I was 14 living out in a swamp in a lean to that I had made. After a couple months when some of my friends parents had heard what was going on I was placed in a halfway house. I never chose to steal, rob, deal. When I turned 18 I joined the armed services and they helped me pay for college, I got an entry level job making 6.50 an hour and worked hard and pushed my way up in the company. this is the same path that anyone could've taken and it's not a race thing because most of my coworkers at the time were black and a 1/3 of the people in my platoon where either black or Hispanic.

To the poster that made that long post... the first step of taking personal responsibility is to stop blaming anyone or anything regarding your current situation and take one first positive step.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 01:57 PM

52 posts, read 111,568 times
Default Amen to that

Some people are only looking for quit and affordable. Lehigh is Lehigh & from what can be read here. Most of the anti Lehigh Acres rants & slurs come from those who don't live there.
When I bought my first home in the mid 80's it was in the boonies of Fremont, NH. After 5 pm on a Sunday, if you wanted a loaf of bread you needed to drive 20 minutes.
Driving 20 minutes these days to do some serious shopping isn't a big deal. I do quit a bit of buying on the internet anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDA PATROL View Post
It is cheap and it is quiet,i can walk naked on the street and can ride atv anywhere i go.......you like country,live in lehigh
fort myers is for retired rednecks wanna bee middle class
i have custom built 2005 with tile and hardwood for 50k,he got the same for $200k and they will rob you faster in fort myers

Old 02-03-2013, 08:58 AM

388 posts, read 1,125,910 times
Reading the comments some of YOU PEOPLE(yeah, I said "you people") post make me feel better about myself.

Always good for the ole self esteem to read the FT M/CC subforum.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:40 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD0123 View Post
Some people are only looking for quit and affordable.
I assume you mean "quiet." If Lehigh were quiet and not full of gang-bangers, why yes, that would be nice.

Quote:
Most of the anti Lehigh Acres rants & slurs come from those who don't live there.
They come from people that live or have lived nearby. You have done neither.

Quote:
When I bought my first home in the mid 80's it was in the boonies of Fremont, NH. After 5 pm on a Sunday, if you wanted a loaf of bread you needed to drive 20 minutes.
Driving 20 minutes these days to do some serious shopping isn't a big deal.
If this were the problem, then so be it. Some folks don't mind driving 20 minutes for a loaf of bread. Some do. However, I doubt it would take that long to get to a convenience store and the bombed-out-looking Walmart is open 24 hours. HOWEVER, no one is saying to stay away from Lehigh because of the driving distance for essentials. That's not the issue.

There is no comparison between the boonies of Fremont, NH and Lehigh Acres, Florida. None. Now maybe the place is for you, but it certainly isn't for a lot of people.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:27 AM

52 posts, read 111,568 times
Angry Mean hateful person

Some here post views, alternative views and other info of value/or not to share.
Unfortunately, a few veteran posters here spew nothing but hatred. It's the same
negativism day after day etc... & if you don't agree with them, they put you on their hit list as well.
They must be miserable people who are uncomfortable in there own skin or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I assume you mean "quiet." If Lehigh were quiet and not full of gang-bangers, why yes, that would be nice.

They come from people that live or have lived nearby. You have done neither.

If this were the problem, then so be it. Some folks don't mind driving 20 minutes for a loaf of bread. Some do. However, I doubt it would take that long to get to a convenience store and the bombed-out-looking Walmart is open 24 hours. HOWEVER, no one is saying to stay away from Lehigh because of the driving distance for essentials. That's not the issue.

There is no comparison between the boonies of Fremont, NH and Lehigh Acres, Florida. None. Now maybe the place is for you, but it certainly isn't for a lot of people.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:53 AM

374 posts, read 796,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD0123 View Post
Some here post views, alternative views and other info of value/or not to share.
Unfortunately, a few veteran posters here spew nothing but hatred. It's the same
negativism day after day etc... & if you don't agree with them, they put you on their hit list as well.
They must be miserable people who are uncomfortable in there own skin or something.
Huh??? I don't think giving ones view is "hatred" should the question be "Should I move to Lehigh?" and the fact is the area is not a place the viewpointer would want to live. White/black/latino/young/old/woman/man.. or ecomonic standing. I woudn't want to live/buy or raise a family in Lehigh Acres. Why? (the poster usually asks) Many posters have different reason for this question... How is that hate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area