Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2010, 06:26 AM

2 posts, read 6,907 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are in our mid-20s and arrived in Fort Myers about 8 months ago. We are consistently the only people in our age group where ever we go (bar, bowling, cultural events, EVERY WHERE!). We are planning to relocate within the area in a couple months. Is there anywhere that we might move to be near people our age that are also working down here? We have considered near FGCU, but it is likely that most students are still considerably younger than us and are at the college stage that we've moved on from in the last 2-3 years. Advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 02:55 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,050,533 times
I moved to that area in my mid-thirties and moved away in my forties. It was always bad but it is just getting worse now that a good portion of the jobs are gone. It doesn't help that the schools are not that good and they have a terrible situation with the School Choice program that they refuse to end. My husband has a lot of family down there and most of them have moved away or are planning to.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:42 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,270,819 times
check out the events list in my neighbourhood below and call the sales office to let you through the gate, which they will be happy to do if you tell them why

doing that you will get a sense of the age range, which particularly skews young April-Dec

http://emailtemplates.stockdevelopment.net/Stockdevelopoment/100911-PaseoVCWeeklyEvents/Paseo_MovieAnnoucementNew.html

Old 09-14-2010, 04:53 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,834,164 times
Where do Young People live

In the memories of all the old people in Florida.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area