Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:10 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,269,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
That's one problem with living here, at least when it comes to City-Data. We're in the middle! I mean, Charlotte County covers Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, Rotonda West, Placida, parts of Englewood/Cape Haze and Boca Grande. I always wonder, "Do I post on the Fort Myers or Sarasota forum?"

Life is such a challenge sometimes.
in addition to recapturing Bonita, perhaps we should annex Charlotte County as well!

I believe Boca Grande is already part of Lee County? makes sense to me if you have to drive through Charlotte County to get to our satellite on Gasparilla, we should own the route of access!

http://www.floridacountiesmap.com/lee_county.shtml
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 10:50 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,825,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroeran View Post
in addition to recapturing Bonita, perhaps we should annex Charlotte County as well!

I believe Boca Grande is already part of Lee County? makes sense to me if you have to drive through Charlotte County to get to our satellite on Gasparilla, we should own the route of access!

[URL="http://www.floridacountiesmap.com/lee_county.shtml"]Lee County Florida map[/URL]

Boca is in both Lee & Charlotte Counties, although most people I know don't even realize that part of Gasparilla Island is in Lee. I guess it's like Greenland.

Bonita is Lee (most of it) When I lived there, I only thought of it as North Naples because I'm a snob!

Old 09-30-2010, 11:01 AM

I aspire to be a snob! Can South Fort Myers claim to be North North Naples (NNN)?

that would be one way of getting rid of me! ; - )

Old 09-30-2010, 05:38 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,033,362 times
Quote:
I aspire to be a snob! Can South Fort Myers claim to be North North Naples (NNN)?

But you are not in South Fort Myers!

Old 09-30-2010, 06:09 PM

you mean like at this moment? ; - )

or are you saying Paseo or Daniels Corridor is not in South Fort Myers?

Old 09-30-2010, 07:56 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,033,362 times
Technically, there is no such thing as South Fort Myers. However, this will give you a good idea of a general consensus. South Fort Myers, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia You are in the city limits of Fort Myers, even though that seems to bum you out. Remember, it's just semantics. Really, swFlorida is a state of mind. What state the mind is in is another issue.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:21 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,825,160 times
Quote:

North, north Naples would probably be Estero. However, I could actually walk to Collier County and my address was still Bonita Springs, Lee County 34134.

I think a lot of people consider any Fort Myers address that isn't downtown or north of Colonial to be South Fort Myers. 33912 is often called South Fort Myers, even if it's statistically incorrect. Since there isn't a city called South Fort Myers anyway, it's all a state of mind (as Hiknapster wrote.)

Old 10-01-2010, 09:45 AM

at least, according to the Wiki definition, Daniels Blvd Corridor is S. FM

Paseo is just barely within City Limits, but as you have to exit to Daniels for all services, I would definitely claim the SFM state-of-mind thingy

Old 10-01-2010, 11:42 AM

376 posts, read 906,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I didn't read through the whole thread but I have several investors making pretty decent money "flipping" homes. They generally make $10k-$20k per deal. Most of what they're buying is in Charlotte and Sarasota counties (specifically North Port). They usually just stick to simple jobs-paint, carpet, lighting, etc. Often the homes have a contract on them within 2 weeks.

Just depends on what you're looking for but there certainly is money to be made if you know where to look and have a few bucks.
Do you have any idea, SoFLGal, if the $10k - 20k is before RE fees & capital gains? If not, money in pocket after sale could be 23% less. Of course, flipping & selling several a week could work out, even after paying materials, labor, fees, etc.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:24 PM

340 posts, read 1,041,215 times
Selling several homes a week is some wild fairy tale, at least in today's market !! How many are you planning on buying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area