Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 09:43 PM

9,333 posts, read 6,870,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroeran View Post
ha! I assume there are stories behind these items

I assume you are just kidding, but I can see including "not locking down your AC in remote areas"

you ARE kidding about the english thing, right?...this is not S East Florida? I could see this would be an issue for people who's work puts them in direct contact with unilingual latinos. Is that comment related to finding work?
Everything I said had stories behind them and is completely Tongue n' Cheek... Some in poor taste I might say but yes very relevant.

Kayaking reference = local bagillionary relator who was killed up in the Northeast doing some moonlight kayaking. Some say it was an accident, others speculate it was suicide, and yet others say it was the mob (screwed the wrong people).

Appliances reference = all the thefts of appliances from foreclosed and abandoned homes in CC or Lehigh.

Clothes reference = stinky water from North Cape wells.. All those poor people smell like walking boiled eggs/sulfer. Can't believe any of them would want the utlity project voted down.

Tissues reference = all the crybaby's who've lost their nestegg by making poor investment choices in SWFL realestate. You made your bed now lay in it.

Firework display = an exploded trailer on FTM beach where a few pyrotechnics were killed/injured about 5 years ago. Poor taste and reference but they still didn't follow appropriate procedure.

Political speeches = local sherrif gave the introduction for McCain/Palin and about lost his job during the next election. Was quite the bruhaha at the time.

Local County Manager/FGCU President (Merwin and Stillwell) both cheated on their wives and banged female coworkers. Both were pretty sleazy individuals whom would remind you of a used car saleman. Quite the reminder of the good ole boy network that still exits in SWFL business politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 10:46 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,033,362 times
Finally, someone that knows what is and was going on!

Broker in Florida with ties to Norlarco found dead from accidental drowning | coloradoan.com | The Coloradoan

The fireworks explosion near Lover's Key was HUGE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Everything I said had stories behind them and is completely Tongue n' Cheek... Some in poor taste I might say but yes very relevant.

Kayaking reference = local bagillionary relator who was killed up in the Northeast doing some moonlight kayaking. Some say it was an accident, others speculate it was suicide, and yet others say it was the mob (screwed the wrong people).

Appliances reference = all the thefts of appliances from foreclosed and abandoned homes in CC or Lehigh.

Clothes reference = stinky water from North Cape wells.. All those poor people smell like walking boiled eggs/sulfer. Can't believe any of them would want the utlity project voted down.

Tissues reference = all the crybaby's who've lost their nestegg by making poor investment choices in SWFL realestate. You made your bed now lay in it.

Firework display = an exploded trailer on FTM beach where a few pyrotechnics were killed/injured about 5 years ago. Poor taste and reference but they still didn't follow appropriate procedure.

Political speeches = local sherrif gave the introduction for McCain/Palin and about lost his job during the next election. Was quite the bruhaha at the time.

Local County Manager/FGCU President (Merwin and Stillwell) both cheated on their wives and banged female coworkers. Both were pretty sleazy individuals whom would remind you of a used car saleman. Quite the reminder of the good ole boy network that still exits in SWFL business politics.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:49 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,825,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
I always wondered about D'Alessandro. Maybe he was going to make a deal and turn state's evidence against Hovnanian. After all, a lot of class action lawsuits were involved. Who knows? Samir Cabrira, who was also involved, was released last month. Guess money laundering and screwing people in Florida isn't as serious as shoplifting.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:25 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,033,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I always wondered about D'Alessandro. Maybe he was going to make a deal and turn state's evidence against Hovnanian. After all, a lot of class action lawsuits were involved. Who knows? Samir Cabrira, who was also involved, was released last month. Guess money laundering and screwing people in Florida isn't as serious as shoplifting.
Remember his wife, Jessica Stillwell, the former NBC anchor? They canned her and she now rents out "luxury" vacation homes. Just not the ones that her daddy, the former Lee County manager, and hubby never built along with dead-kayak-guy.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:25 AM

1,210 posts, read 3,269,302 times
oh, that reminds me of another story last year of a Naples guy that got lost kayaking near dusk and got disoriented and lost...found ok the next morning

- Inland Kayaking without a GPS -

Old 10-09-2010, 11:58 AM

A friend of mine who was born & raised in Fort Myers (yes, there are a few) drowned a couple of years ago. It's more common than people think because of the rip tides. There were drownings in Aug and Sept near Sanibel in San Carlos Bay. People need to take more caution, not swim out too far, and heed warning signs. Personally, I prefer the Gulf beaches and, since I'm a weak swimmer, I don't go out very far.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Remember his wife, Jessica Stillwell, the former NBC anchor? They canned her and she now rents out "luxury" vacation homes. Just not the ones that her daddy, the former Lee County manager, and hubby never built along with dead-kayak-guy.
So add this to the dangerous things you can do in SWFL. Buying a car or a house without checking all the paperwork line by line. Buying a home without a thorough inspection for mold, Chinese Drywall and termites. Listening to anyone who says,
"Trust me!" Of course, this is the same anywhere you live. However, during the bubble, there were more shady deals in Florida than in most states, mainly because of its growth.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:57 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,506,607 times
How about walking(other than in park), riding a bicycle, and riding a motorcycle, and this goes for the whole state.

Never seen so many hit and runs and deadly crashes as there are down here.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
How about walking(other than in park), riding a bicycle, and riding a motorcycle, and this goes for the whole state.

Never seen so many hit and runs and deadly crashes as there are down here.
I lived off of Bonita Beach Road for many years and saw numerous accidents at the intersection of Bonita Beach & Tamiami Trail. Sometimes I think 41 is more risky than I-75.

Just a note: I lived here for years without knowing 41 is called Tamiami Trail because the road travels from Tampa to Miami.

Ta-Miami

Old 10-09-2010, 09:09 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,723,341 times
Here is one. never think there are no gators out there... Tonight I had one right outside my apartment.... 5 footer, hiding in the bushes. They are there, wildlife is bountiful in SWFL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area