Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 10:17 PM

518 posts, read 1,231,439 times

Advertisements

You don't say what is a good deal for your income or the street you are talking about. It varies with every ones income and net worth. Always remember that in real estate bad areas almost always take over the good areas around them over time. Very seldom do they turn to good areas. Its sad but true. Sometimes downtown prime waterfront areas rebuild to high rises but they gate and guard them for just that reason. That is what makes the area so cheap looking on paper. Then if you buy it you could find out the hard way why it was so cheap. Maybe not this year but it will almost always happen.Your street will turn bad also. Always remember resale. As long as you don't want to be on the water there is a lot of homes here all over for anywhere from 50,000 to 150,000 that can be very nice without crime next door.That is what is selling the most 80% of the market is off water. You will have a lot of cash buyers to compete with for the deals if it is really a good deal. I have bought a lot of real estate sight unseen all over this country and others and I was born in Fort Myers. I still flew down to drive all the areas and decide what area I would like at day and night. Then I bought over the phone. Oh yeah. No I am not a real estate agent. I just like to collect houses,condos, and land like some people collect cars. Also have a good job because there isn't many around this area. But the area is great for beaches and boating! Good luck with your search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 08:22 AM

616 posts, read 1,564,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiege1224 View Post
You don't say what is a good deal for your income or the street you are talking about. It varies with every ones income and net worth. Always remember that in real estate bad areas almost always take over the good areas around them over time. Very seldom do they turn to good areas. Its sad but true. Sometimes downtown prime waterfront areas rebuild to high rises but they gate and guard them for just that reason. That is what makes the area so cheap looking on paper. Then if you buy it you could find out the hard way why it was so cheap. Maybe not this year but it will almost always happen.Your street will turn bad also. Always remember resale. As long as you don't want to be on the water there is a lot of homes here all over for anywhere from 50,000 to 150,000 that can be very nice without crime next door.That is what is selling the most 80% of the market is off water. You will have a lot of cash buyers to compete with for the deals if it is really a good deal. I have bought a lot of real estate sight unseen all over this country and others and I was born in Fort Myers. I still flew down to drive all the areas and decide what area I would like at day and night. Then I bought over the phone. Oh yeah. No I am not a real estate agent. I just like to collect houses,condos, and land like some people collect cars. Also have a good job because there isn't many around this area. But the area is great for beaches and boating! Good luck with your search.
Your post is confusing. First, try paragraphs - it's much easier to read.

Second - You state that crime ridden areas take over the good areas over time and that's why for the gates and guards in the "rich" area, but then you state that there are areas in the 50k to 150k that have no crime. What area is going to have crime in it first - that 50k home or one that on the water that is gated?

Third - Many areas all over the country have wealthy areas right next door to "da hood". "Da hood" doesn't necessarily take over the wealthy area, as much as those with the money move to the next upcoming trendy area leaving that area open for the less wealthy people.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:43 AM

518 posts, read 1,231,439 times
I will make it very simple for you.Just stick to LOCATION, LOCATION,LOCATION!! Your suggestion on the se or sw section is right on but not all people can afford that market. The area this person is talking about is not that type of market. I live in the se section on the water and like it a lot!

Old 01-16-2012, 11:45 AM

8 posts, read 25,425 times
I have looked into this area on both sides of Palm Beach Blvd a lot more using the Google Street View.

Thanks to many peoples comments here...and by the way...thank you to all of you...I am now convinced that as far as Palm Beach boulevard is concerned...as you get futher north..that one side of is obviously without a doubt, ''the hood''...but I can't tell about the river side of it.

The other side of Palm Beach Boulevard...the side that the water..the river...or whatever it's called at that point...looks ''much nicer'' and the homes are still very good bargain prices.

I have looked at the properties on the other side of the river near what they call North Ft Meyers, but I think I prefer the side where Palm Beach Blvd is because I prefer quicker access to the Ft Meyers Beach. That said, it is hard to not consider the great deals that are incresingly getting better down in Cape Coral...but since I am not from around there (I am from Kansas) ..Cape Coral scares me thinking about living there if a hurricane hits.

How would everyone describe ''this'' area....the area between Palm Beach Blvd and the river...south of I-75. Is it ''the hood'' also? It does not look like that at all by looking at the Google Stret Views. It looks really beautiful along the streets and houses there, especially right close to the river.

Thanks for the help.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:05 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmaels1 View Post
I have looked into this area on both sides of Palm Beach Blvd a lot more using the Google Street View.

Thanks to many peoples comments here...and by the way...thank you to all of you...I am now convinced that as far as Palm Beach boulevard is concerned...as you get futher north..that one side of is obviously without a doubt, ''the hood''...but I can't tell about the river side of it.

The other side of Palm Beach Boulevard...the side that the water..the river...or whatever it's called at that point...looks ''much nicer'' and the homes are still very good bargain prices.

I have looked at the properties on the other side of the river near what they call North Ft Meyers, but I think I prefer the side where Palm Beach Blvd is because I prefer quicker access to the Ft Meyers Beach. That said, it is hard to not consider the great deals that are incresingly getting better down in Cape Coral...but since I am not from around there (I am from Kansas) ..Cape Coral scares me thinking about living there if a hurricane hits.

How would everyone describe ''this'' area....the area between Palm Beach Blvd and the river...south of I-75. Is it ''the hood'' also? It does not look like that at all by looking at the Google Stret Views. It looks really beautiful along the streets and houses there, especially right close to the river.

Thanks for the help.

It's still the hood. There isn't a nice area off of Palm Beach from the bridge ( either old or new 41) to 75. Stay off of Google maps and go there yourself.

Why would living in CC scare you if there was a hurricane? You don't think Fort Myers is going to get hit?

Old 01-16-2012, 02:11 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Palm Beach Boulevard? Hood.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Palm Beach Boulevard? Hood.

No kidding. I just wish ppl would actually take the time to drive the area for themselves instead of relying on a mapping program.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:31 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
And believe us when we tell them. We have nothing to gain by telling the truth but people see the cheap houses and don't want to believe us for a reason. My stock answer is, "Then YOU live there."

Old 01-18-2012, 04:42 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
I grew up in this area and it has gotten progressively worse. It's really a shame because this area could be every bit as nice as the Mac Gregor area just north of DT. I drove around the other day on a trip back and couldn't help but thinking to myself how nice the riverfront areas were and how most similar areas in other parts of the state were usually the nicer areas of town. But as we all know, all it takes is a few brave pioneers to get back into the area and make it "trendy" again. Before you know it, the Palm Beach Blvd. riverside neighborhoods will the new hot place to be.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
I grew up in this area and it has gotten progressively worse. It's really a shame because this area could be every bit as nice as the Mac Gregor area just north of DT. I drove around the other day on a trip back and couldn't help but thinking to myself how nice the riverfront areas were and how most similar areas in other parts of the state were usually the nicer areas of town. But as we all know, all it takes is a few brave pioneers to get back into the area and make it "trendy" again. Before you know it, the Palm Beach Blvd. riverside neighborhoods will the new hot place to be.

Maybe when Hell freezes over and pigs fly.

That area will never ever be a 'hot' place...maybe a hot bed for crime ..oh wait..it already is. It's a dump and has been for over 30 yrs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area