Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 01:39 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachliz View Post
So, it appears that most homes in the southern section of CC are on public sewer/water...good! I will never, ever live anywhere without these services again, and I will gladly pay for them as well!!
As Donna wrote, there are several streets in the SW section that are not on public sewer yet, although most of the SW has already been converted. Keep in mind that even if you have these services, you need to find out if they've been paid for or if you are responsible for the assessments.

I'm not sure if you realize this, but Cape Coral is huge. It's the 2nd largest city in area next to Jacksonville, so don't let its population fool you. With the price of gasoline expected to rise, you might want to take this into consideration when selecting an area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 06:32 PM

1,916 posts, read 3,911,223 times
Thanks so much for the advice, Nancy. I will definitely make sure those assessments have been paid before I buy, no doubt.

I visited the northern section of Cape Coral back in 2008, and it was rather desolate. I noticed that many homes were not connected to sewer either. I also remember that I frightened a burrowing owl while checking out a house; I had never seen before!

Old 01-22-2011, 08:05 PM

220 posts, read 745,284 times
Hi Beachliz, I am in the SW off Surfside area of the Cape. We love our neighborhood, friendly people. Yes, we do have water and sewer. As stated above some areas may not and you should be able to acquire a map from the City or your realtor.
The owls are amazing. I am still stunned whenever the city cuts the empty lots, flocks of Ibis, think that's what they are, just follow behind the machines catching the insects. I wish you good luck in your search for your home.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:26 AM

Thanks, NJ LuLu. We were planning on moving there in June 2013 (when my son graduates high school), but these harsh winters here are driving my husband nuts. He wants to move sooner.

It appears we'll be moving to either the SE or SW section of Cape Coral unless the northern sections change dramatically within the next couple of years. I just don't want to move down there and go through the same drama I've dealt with while living in southern DE, such as many areas without public water/sewer or living in a nice area but still having to deal with trashy neighbors (drug dealers/ lowlifes) right down the road from me. They build million-dollar home communities here, but yet there will be a trailer park right next to it with septic mounds in their backyards--very odd.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:02 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Gosh, I hope you're not pulling your son out of school just to avoid some bad weather.

By the way, trashy neighbors also live in big, new houses with swimming pools. Oh, I am currently living in a mobile home park, although just for a couple of months, and the doublewide down the street is on the market for $115,000 (includes the lot) I also know a lot of people who would rather live in a small, singlewide trailer in Venice than live in a 2000 sf house in Cape Coral.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:56 AM

No, I do not want to pull him out of school due to the weather since the school he attends right now is rated as one of the top 50 in the country. My husband is quite intolerant of the cold weather, but I'm used to it.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:38 PM

16 posts, read 21,324 times
Just wanted to pop back in and say thank you to everyone for all of your posts! Very helpful and informative. Hope to be able to come back after our visit and do some posting! Have been to chowhound.com and got the scoop on places to eat - but is there anywhere people like to go with real little ones (2 and 7 months) - our 2 year old is fantastic - but we basically don't go to restuarants with the kids. If we did, we would want a place that somehow has something or somethings to keep them occupied and interested and not bugging other folks. (play area we could take turns watching them, etc).

As I write, though, I think we'll probably just take turns going out while someone stays "home" with kids (MIL coming with us).

We'll be staying SE by the publix but interested in driving around to the different areas.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:03 PM

252 posts, read 388,407 times
Are there any city sewers anywhere on Pine Island?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area