Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 11:01 AM

4 posts, read 16,666 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a dental clinic? Or a dentist that will work with me. I am uninsured and do not qualify for care credit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 03:22 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1redrose View Post
Does anyone know of a dental clinic? Or a dentist that will work with me. I am uninsured and do not qualify for care credit.
I have a suggestion. Even if you don't qualify, get a list of the dentists who accept Medicaid patients. It lets you know they aren't "high end" if you know what I mean. It might also be a sign that they actually care about people or at least might be willing to take a reasonable fee for service. Just a thought.

The dentist I was seeing in Cape Coral would probably let you die on the sidewalk screaming in pain without full payment. I hate to tell you what my last root canal cost and I still can't chew on that side. (sorry for the rant)

I wish you a lot of luck. Nothing is worse than a toothache. Well, I used to say that until I broke my toe. I think it's a toss-up!
http://bestsmileys.com/crying/2.gif (broken link)

Edit: One more thing....if you can possibly get a credit card, most offices take Visa and Mastercard. It's not ideal, but in rough times that's often the way I paid for services and then paid off the card when I was back in the black.

Old 08-31-2009, 03:45 PM

Thank you justNancy. Yep, broken toes hurt real bad!! Thank goodness I haven't had a toothache and broke toe at the same time! I think they would have to sedate me! LOL
I will take your suggestion, and again, thanks so much. :-D

Old 08-31-2009, 04:08 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Thanks for thanking me!

I just thought of something else. (I'm getting old, so my mind works in shifts!) Edison College in Ft Myers teaches dental hygiene, so maybe there's a dental clinic there.

Just Googled and it says:

"The dental program instruction takes place in the classroom and in the Edison College Dental Clinic. The dental clinic, housed in the new Health Sciences building on the Fort Myers campus, served 2,330 patients in the last 12 months and still has a waiting list."

I have no idea what the quality of care is like, but you might want to call and ask for information.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:16 PM

Oh wow! I didn't think of that, thanks again! You're super!!

Old 08-31-2009, 04:28 PM

917 posts, read 2,615,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justnancy View Post
(i'm getting old, so my mind works in shifts!)
lol

Old 08-31-2009, 04:29 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Lu Lu Dental is legendary in Lee County for taking people with and without insurance and being very reasonable. It's a husband and wife team. Very good and they will take you nights and weekends.

Lu Lu Dental, Fort Myers FL 33907 -- MerchantCircle.com

Old 08-31-2009, 06:13 PM

Thank you hiknapster, I went to their web site and will call the tomorrow! You are all great! Thank you. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area