Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 05:44 AM

176 posts, read 439,206 times

Advertisements

I've own my home in Cape Coral for several months now and it appears to me that the cost of water is rather high. The Cape Coral Water Utilities informed me I had a leak at my home after I had purchased it. It turned out to be my pools's auto-fill system, it was continuously running. I had that repaired, yet my month water bills seem rather high.

My home up North is on well and septic, so I'm not use to seeing a water bill. I understand that during this time of the year pool water evaporation is high.

On average how many gallon do you typically use, especially those with an inground pool?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 06:57 AM

616 posts, read 1,564,249 times
Now that you've mentioned it - I'm going to have to see how low my pool is. I only remember adding water once since June of 2010 and that's because of 2 rambunctious kids. Is your supply line from your auto-filler coming from the city water or irrigation line? Not sure if all of the Cape has the irrigation line or not.

Our water bill in the SE Cape runs 70/month. That's with 2 people usage. We use the irrigation ( 10/mo?) For most everything - watering the grass, plants, pool, etc.

ETA: is it an estimated bill or actual reading? If its an estimated bill could be figuring in the old usage.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:32 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,873,838 times
We are as low as $25 in summer months to nearly $100 when we are there in Nov and march........sprinklers and pool.......We also have our own well and septic up north so it's a trade off......never have to worry about replacing a well pump or septic field,but you have to pay every month.....Think it's cheaper in the long run to have your own systems.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:16 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,162 times
I didn't know you could use the recycled waste water in your pool. I guess if you nuke it with chlorine it will clean it up as good as fresh water.
If you think the water bills are high now just wait.
Cape Coral considers bond to pay off debt | The News-Press | news-press.com
"Today’s monthly bill for average customer increases from $103.72 to $136.65 in 2015." (If the bond bill doesn't pass)

"The tax increase would add $247 a year to the property tax bill of a home with a taxable value of $100,000." ( If the bond bill passes)

Old 02-24-2011, 08:23 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
I thought it was a minimum of $50 a month, whether the customer was there or not. I don't know, I'm just asking. I thought that was what someone wrote.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:40 AM

616 posts, read 1,564,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I didn't know you could use the recycled waste water in your pool. I guess if you nuke it with chlorine it will clean it up as good as fresh water.
If you think the water bills are high now just wait.
Cape Coral considers bond to pay off debt | The News-Press | news-press.com
"Today’s monthly bill for average customer increases from $103.72 to $136.65 in 2015." (If the bond bill doesn't pass)

"The tax increase would add $247 a year to the property tax bill of a home with a taxable value of $100,000." ( If the bond bill passes)

Ooops. According to Capecoral.net - it's not supposed to be used for filling swimming pools.

Cape Coral water rates: http://www.capecoral.net/Portals/0/d...on%20Rates.pdf

So far no ill effects... ymmv.

Last edited by stahltkd; 02-24-2011 at 08:49 AM..

Old 02-24-2011, 04:05 PM

29 posts, read 79,585 times
We have been the victums of water theft twice in the last year. We are northerners who bought a lovely home in SE Cape Coral. Our first hint that something was wrong came from our pool serviceman who called us to say our outside water valve was left in the on position and was ponding. Our neighbors (after checking with the water company) were rejected for water service because of a leak in their slab. I guess they just helped themselves via a hose system. We wouldn't mind so much if they would have only shut it off when they were done. Well, we bought a locking system with a key and thought that would fix the problem. Guess what - they broke that and helped themselves again. Our first out of sight water bill was over $1200 for a month. The second theft was over $900. Nothing like helping our your neighbors.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:35 PM

146 posts, read 375,363 times
The minimum bill in CC is 40-some bucks a month with no usage. (I wouldn't want to use the irrigation water in my pool - did you ever smell it?)

Old 02-24-2011, 04:42 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpedwards View Post
The minimum bill in CC is 40-some bucks a month with no usage. (I wouldn't want to use the irrigation water in my pool - did you ever smell it?)
If you treat it correctly it will be fine.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:47 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnpedwards View Post
So how is Sam getting $25 bills?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area