Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 09:00 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmack View Post
He's already there. Anyone who would post about negative effects of a brand new stadium bringing in more visitors and jobs is clearly here for one reason: To dissuade people from moving here based on some whacked out personal agenda.
Oh really maybe you should read the article about the promises that were made when the complex was built in Fort Myers and how it would revitalize the down town and bring major hotel chains and growth and business and be nothing but wonnerfull fo the folks of Fort Myers.
Twenty years later none of it happened, the baseball team has left the city, and Fort Myers is over 20 million in dept. And the tax payers will have to pay the bill.
As previously stated you do not know what you are talking about.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:07 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
Fort Myers just lost their spring training baseball team it was their last season in the city
More jobs lost in Fort Myers.
Another false post.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:07 AM

964 posts, read 2,064,391 times
Quote:
Oh really maybe you should read the article about the promises that were made when the complex was built in Fort Myers and how it would revitalize the down town and bring major hotel chains and growth and business and be nothing but wonnerfull fo the folks of Fort Myers.
Twenty years later none of it happened, the baseball team has left the city, and Fort Myers is over 20 million in dept. And the tax payers will have to pay the bill.
As previously stated you do not know what you are talking about.
And I quote:

"The Sox will move into the proverbial “state of the art’’ facility on the other side of town, near the airport, complete with six minor league fields and plenty of room for a retail mall like Patriots Place. A room tax levied against tourists will pay for the $88 million project, which will have top-of-the-line clubhouses, weight rooms, medical facilities, the works."

For those who want the real story, here's the link:

Boston Red Sox - Red Sox leave City of Palms Park behind, memories on mind - The Boston Globe

Old 03-30-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
And I quote:

"The Sox will move into the proverbial “state of the art’’ facility on the other side of town, near the airport, complete with six minor league fields and plenty of room for a retail mall like Patriots Place. A room tax levied against tourists will pay for the $88 million project, which will have top-of-the-line clubhouses, weight rooms, medical facilities, the works."

For those who want the real story, here's the link:

Boston Red Sox - Red Sox leave City of Palms Park behind, memories on mind - The Boston Globe
TIS out of the city of Fort Myers in Lee County(according to the article I read yesterday), the team is no longer in Fort Myers, and we are talking about Fort Myers, It's those little details that are the important one's but you don't get that.
And it didn't help the crime rate either.

Last edited by equalrightsforeveryone; 03-30-2011 at 09:24 AM..

Old 03-30-2011, 09:30 AM

964 posts, read 2,064,391 times
Quote:
TIS out of the city of Fort Myers in Lee County(according to the article I read yesterday), the team is no longer in Fort Myers, and we are talking about Fort Myers, It's those little details that are the important one's but you don't get that.
Your post deliberately intended for people to assume the team abandoned the area versus the city. It was misleading and untrue. Last I checked, Daniels Parkway was still in Fort Myers:

JetBlue Park, the new Red Sox Spring Training Ballpark, and the adjoining Player Development Complex are located at 11581 Daniels Parkway, Fort Myers, FL 33913. The Complex is approximately two miles east of Interstate 75 and approximately six miles from Southwest Florida International Airport. Lee County has been the Spring Training home of the Red Sox since 1993.

Last edited by Izmack; 03-30-2011 at 09:40 AM..

Old 03-30-2011, 10:13 AM

616 posts, read 1,564,475 times
Quote:
Remember that when you start posting things about real estate - We're talking about SWFL - not the national trends.

I wonder how many stadiums are actually located in dowtown cities... or how many are located near downtown?

Old 03-30-2011, 11:44 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,091,624 times
Quote:
Your post deliberately intended for people to assume the team abandoned the area versus the city. It was misleading and untrue. Last I checked, Daniels Parkway was still in Fort Myers:

JetBlue Park, the new Red Sox Spring Training Ballpark, and the adjoining Player Development Complex are located at 11581 Daniels Parkway, Fort Myers, FL 33913. The Complex is approximately two miles east of Interstate 75 and approximately six miles from Southwest Florida International Airport. Lee County has been the Spring Training home of the Red Sox since 1993.

so you prove it is most definatley in fort myers and that equal was 100% wrong "again" and as usual. do you think for just once he'll admit he was wrong and retract his earlier statements?

Old 03-30-2011, 02:56 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
He's already there. Anyone who would post about negative effects of a brand new stadium bringing in more visitors and jobs is clearly here for one reason: To dissuade people from moving here based on some whacked out personal agenda.
I know. You get rid of one and another one comes along. First we had the jilted Asian-German girlfriend trying to ruin the hot Italian-American investor. Now we have cargo-trailer guy.

The thing is, if you don't have a good command of the English language, make up stuff and come off looking like "that guy" people ignore you.

The idiocy lies in shooting down your area because you didn't understand the local code when you bought your home and are now angry that you can't park your cargo trailer in your yard. So you tell people not to move here, possibly making sure that your home doesn't appreciate. That way, when you go to sell, you are upside-down.

It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face. Most people move past this at an early age.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:36 PM

225 posts, read 493,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I know. You get rid of one and another one comes along. First we had the jilted Asian-German girlfriend trying to ruin the hot Italian-American investor. Now we have cargo-trailer guy.

The thing is, if you don't have a good command of the English language, make up stuff and come off looking like "that guy" people ignore you.

The idiocy lies in shooting down your area because you didn't understand the local code when you bought your home and are now angry that you can't park your cargo trailer in your yard. So you tell people not to move here, possibly making sure that your home doesn't appreciate. That way, when you go to sell, you are upside-down.

It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face. Most people move past this at an early age.
Bravo! Glad I didn't give either one of those naysayers a second thought when I made my decision to move down here.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:

NO no no it never said anything like that, not my fault if you read something in to it that isn't there. I wrote specifically about the city of Fort Myers, the rest you made up. You need to pay attention instead of jumping to conclusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area