Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2007, 10:27 AM

159 posts, read 551,268 times

Advertisements

S/E area has some older homes like mine (1964) but I put about 30K into it and it is rock solid. There also newer homes in this area and some that are brand new. Some just buy the worst house they can find tear it down and put up a new home which is very common here in the Yatch Club Area.

Gulf access is a tricky word, what you want is SAILBOAT access which means no bridges or lifts or locks to deal with.
I am 20 minutes to the river which goes into the Gulf in about another 20 minutes. I have a larger plot of 100X125 rather then the normal 80X125

Some areas in the S/W can be almost a 45-60 minute just to the river at idle speed.

Make sure when you look your assesments are paid for city water and sewar.

There some great deals out there now as the WHOLE real estate market is stagnent at this time through out the US.

Friend of mine just got a bueaty, 4 br, L/R, D/r, family room, pool on a triple lot 120x125 on a 200 foot wide canal that is sailboat access. He paid 675, 24 months ago the owner was asking 965 had an offer for 960 and turned it down. Granted he has to put a new dock and boat lift in ( about 15-20K) all depends on what you want.

I am saying that this what your looking for but just an example of deals that are here for the right price. This is in the S/E section also. I think these house was built in the early 80's also.

If you would like send me an e-mail just click my user name and there is a e-mail address there, Please title it C/C homes, and I will put you in touch with someone who I dealt with who by far was the most trusted person I have dealt with in buying a home. Not only a good bussiness realtionship but we developed into good friends after the deal until this day, and that was 5 years ago.

All you would have to do is send her your budget and what you want and she will send you all the listings that fits your critera.

I would suggest renting a home for a few weeks, look around at the different areas and make your choice from there.

That's what I did.

Last edited by NYBill; 04-09-2007 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: more info

Old 04-09-2007, 10:36 AM

Exclamation Ooops

P.S.

I might be awya for the next few days and will not have computer access so if don't get an aswere right away I will be back in touch.

Best of luck and hopefully you will find something.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:44 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,906,187 times
This is a true story from cape coral, The drought appears to have more than just water running thin.

According to Cape Coral police officer Erica Cunningham, an argument between neighbors on N.W. 19th Ave. started Sunday because one was allegedly watering his lawn illegally.

David Tucker told Cunningham he was walking his dog when he noticed his neighbor watering his lawn. Tucker acknowledged he made, “a few not so pleasant comments” about the watering to a man later identified as Orlando Figueroa, 39.

“David stated (Figueroa) then picked up a large steel club from the bed of his truck which was in the driveway and began to swing it in the air,” Cunningham reported.

Then Tucker said Figueroa chased him down the street in his car, swinging the club above his head. Tucker picked up his dog and ran inside his residence.

Figueroa said he was watering his grass when Tucker stopped by and started yelling at him. Because Figueroa does not speak English, the only phrase he understood was “(expletive) Spanish people.”

The metal pipe was located in the bed of Figueroa’s truck, and he was subsequently charged with aggravated assault with intent to commit a felony.

Figueroa is still in custody at Lee County Jail on $7,500 bond for a May 7 trial.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:55 PM

You are a trip...you got to be a leftover from the 60's

Talk about beating a dead drum

Old 04-09-2007, 07:01 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,906,187 times
Bill, I can see why your so defensive, But I don't remember the 60s much I was born in 62. I just found this funny,

Last edited by firemed; 04-09-2007 at 07:09 PM..

Old 04-11-2007, 12:19 PM
V20

67 posts, read 272,068 times
spanky123,

I believe that the Yacht Club area of southeast Cape Coral is the best location. The boating access is wonderful. Seek out units 1, 4 or 5. Almost all of unit 6 is restricted access - meaning you have to travel under a bridge. Most of the homes in the Yacht Club area are older. Some people llike the older homes, however I view the true value of this area is what it will be in the not too distant future.

Most of these homes are sold at lot value. As time goes by, many if not all of them will be knocked down and replaced with beautiful newer homes. For example, Dolphin Drive has approximately 75 homes on it. Even in this absolutely dead market, 6 older homes were vaporized in the last 6 months. Imagine the pace of such knockdowns when the real estate market turns around.

My point is - Even though much of the southwest area looks nicer because it is newer, for the most part it has inferior boating access to that of the Yacht Club. Five or ten years from now, the southwest will be older looking with inferior boating access and the Yacht Club will be newer looking with outstanding boating access.

P.S. I still think all gulf access properties in southwest Florida will be wildly valuable in the not too distant future - just some more than others.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:20 PM

93 posts, read 284,359 times
I will sell you a waterfront Cape Coral Home at a great price. I just want to get out of this area and will take a loss just to do so.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:27 PM

21 posts, read 98,221 times
Default SW area

Thank you for your reply. Im still researching the area and getting opinions from those who live there. This site has helped a lot. We were looking at a house (on the computer) in the SW area for a few months. It started at 500 and went all the way down to 425. That was in a matter of weeks. How crazy is that!! That makes me a little nervous too. People just want to sell so quickly.
I will think more about the SE area. I also need to be around families with young kids. Good neighborhood and great schools. I need to come for another visit. When I do, what should I look for? Where should I go? I have been to the beach- it is very nice. That is the SE area..I think.
What do they have in the SW?
Thank you....everyone..for all your replys. They have been very helpful. Any advice or information is helpful. Especially with such a big move like this. I hope your right when you say they will be worth more $$ in the future. I think so too.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:20 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
This is a true story from cape coral, The drought appears to have more than just water running thin.

According to Cape Coral police officer Erica Cunningham, an argument between neighbors on N.W. 19th Ave. started Sunday because one was allegedly watering his lawn illegally.

David Tucker told Cunningham he was walking his dog when he noticed his neighbor watering his lawn. Tucker acknowledged he made, “a few not so pleasant comments” about the watering to a man later identified as Orlando Figueroa, 39.

“David stated (Figueroa) then picked up a large steel club from the bed of his truck which was in the driveway and began to swing it in the air,” Cunningham reported.

Then Tucker said Figueroa chased him down the street in his car, swinging the club above his head. Tucker picked up his dog and ran inside his residence.

Figueroa said he was watering his grass when Tucker stopped by and started yelling at him. Because Figueroa does not speak English, the only phrase he understood was “(expletive) Spanish people.”

The metal pipe was located in the bed of Figueroa’s truck, and he was subsequently charged with aggravated assault with intent to commit a felony.

Figueroa is still in custody at Lee County Jail on $7,500 bond for a May 7 trial.
I laughed so hard that I cried. It is funny!

Old 04-12-2007, 12:08 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,444,374 times
Oh can't you just picture this happening? If only that guy wouldn't have done such a criminal act as watering his lawn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area