Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2011, 01:39 PM

222 posts, read 472,981 times

Advertisements

Well SW Floridians and my fellow part-time SW Floridians, what do you think?

Is the place a complete pile of crap, as certain people seem to think, or is it a wonderful place as this particular Limey knows it to be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 02:36 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,090,600 times
It is both. For someone like us that can afford a 2nd home, go down there 4 to 5 weeks a year. While there go out on our boats, hit some of the nicest beaches in the country, enjoy some of the best fishing in the country. Dine out at nice resturaunts. Always having a frozen rum drink in hand......it is pretty close to paradise.

For others who bought homes at the peak of the boom, watched their house lose 66% of it's value. Then lost their jobs and watched friends and family losing their homes to foreclosure and having to go through all their savings and sell all their personal belongings.

That's why we have such different opinions being represented on this forum

Old 05-29-2011, 03:45 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
kev, wish I could rep you, again. I'll be back, friend.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:13 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,229 times
For me, many things about FL are ok, the weather here is complete CRAP...

Old 05-29-2011, 09:22 PM

244 posts, read 487,481 times
I lived in a lot of places over here and in Europe and ended up in SW Florida in 1990. I love it here. Compared with other Areas, States and Countries, SW Florida offers a good combination of everything. Of course there are certain things I dislike here as well - but you will find "dislikes" in one way or the other everywhere.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:29 PM

646 posts, read 1,641,940 times
I move to a new state every 3-4 yrs, so far this has been my favorite place to live. From the weather, cost of living, things to do, beaches, red sox spring training and the nice people I have met along the way. We will retire here.
I can pick out the negatives, but that's everywhere if you really look hard enough.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:37 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,547,697 times
I have lived in 8 different states. Mostly all on the East coast of the U.S. I would have to say that my two favorite are Florida and Alaska. The only negative about Florida for me is the long duration of the heat in the 90's. But I much prefer it to the long, cold winters in NY. The economy is bad right now, but that is not unique to Florida. Everything else about SWFL, I love.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:20 PM

126 posts, read 711,308 times
I have lived in Florida, Arizona, and Texas (Florida the longest) and without a doubt, I love Florida! I prefer Ft Myers to Cape Coral if we are talking Lee County, but either of them will do. I love the weather, the beaches, the atmosphere, and the tropical trees and flowers, a lot of my family is there. It's much safer and a better place to live than a lot of places in Florida (ex Ft Lauderdale/Miami) Things seem to be turning around down there, and I sure hope it stays that way! The area is much too beautiful to stay in such a rut for too long, I just hope they bring the right economic growth to the area. Only time will tell.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:56 AM

176 posts, read 439,206 times
I think Cape Coral is an excellent place to live. I love the laid-back, slow pace lifestyle. People are generally very friendly. I was blown away when I walked into the local Home Depot and Lowes and sales staff actually came over to me and asked if I need any help with anything. That's unheard of in the Northeast US. I've found many businesses are very Customer Service orientated which is very refreshing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area