Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 06:34 AM

1,210 posts, read 3,283,678 times

Advertisements

all this to say....SWF is better than all these other places for long term stays or actual living, a better balance of the exotic and practical, unless you are eccentric in a specific way

so those travel vouchers...is that for being on the wagon for 12 months or something? ; - )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 07:23 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroeran View Post
all this to say....SWF is better than all these other places for long term stays or actual living, a better balance of the exotic and practical, unless you are eccentric in a specific way
Rans, are you calling me eccentric?

You know that's just a nice name for rich people with mental health issues and my money is tied up in my inheritance.

Speaking of which...

Quote:
so those travel vouchers...is that for being on the wagon for 12 months or something? ; - )
My mother - and Thumper's mother - said that if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:33 AM

well, there is the third AA - A**holes Anonymous...I am president and accepting membership applications

Old 07-06-2011, 09:37 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
well, there is the third AA - A**holes Anonymous...I am president and accepting membership applications
I'll gladly belong to any club you're the president of. <<bats eyelashes>>

Old 07-06-2011, 10:51 AM

493 posts, read 1,386,556 times
Quote:

Too funny!!

Old 07-06-2011, 05:25 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,841,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I've heard the same thing. I don't think it's jealousy or any specific reason. Some people just don't like it here. I have friends in MA and NH who can't imagine living in FL, even for 6 months.
Coming from NH, I bet they can imagine it in February, with 36 inches of snow on the ground and a -3 chill factor. I know I can.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:12 PM

196 posts, read 504,475 times
ya know what I am comming,,let these negitive friends stay and pay threw their noses to live in what is slowly becoming a Soviet State and the one who wish us well and truely Love us follow us and get out to greener pastures!

Old 07-08-2011, 07:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:

I have to assume you were joking, right? In 1992 I was in CA and took 3 or 4 different flights to get home. (think there was a strike, not sure) Heck, I need a GPS to find my way home from Publix and then I need to count the groceries so I don't leave anything in the car, so don't expect me to remember specifics. I suffer from CRS, which I hope is normal for my age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy2 View Post
Coming from NH, I bet they can imagine it in February, with 36 inches of snow on the ground and a -3 chill factor. I know I can.
Although I've always enjoyed the beach, I'd pray for more snow when I used to ski. I never really minded the cold weather.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:01 AM

6 posts, read 5,796 times
7% unemployment here??Where? What? Where did you get your figure from for unemployment in Fort Myers/Lee County? Are you kidding me? Your so called unemployment rate is based on what? Does it include all the many whose unemployment benefits have run out? Or how about those of us who never were able to collect such? Forgetting all the foreigners here, aka legal and illegal aliens? How MANY high school teens/college young people recently hit our workforce seeking employment when school let out? Maybe 15% is more like reality.

I can say such as I have fervently been looking for a job/career for over a year- I send out 50-100 resumes, fill out applications each month; I check back with such, by both in person as well as by email. For every single job opening, there's 100+ applicants. I am qualified for every single position I apply for, will work for far less than some are offering, even. I am US citizen, I speak English, own transportation, can work almost anytime. I NEED A JOB. I am self supporting, as i stand facing losing my home if something doesn 't happen soon.

In the last year, out of 100's applications, resumes sent, go backs, walk ins, I have gotten 5 interviews-

*1 job was sales by commission only-I would need to physically put in 50 hours per week at my expense setting appts etc

*1 job was traveling, using MY vehicle, offering .20 per mile-#1 which my insurance doesn't cover that nor #2 will I work as independent contractor (aka under the table)

*1 job entailed 4-20 hours per week, their stipulation I cannot work anywhere else, have to be on call 7 days per week-I asked how do I support myself meanwhile?

* I got very favorable interview, was told I'd be called in for second (such was part time stock work position overnight at Walmart, but never happened)

*most recently, she said I wouldn't pass the physical due to having to lift 75#'s plus-such was not noted in their job description

Old 07-12-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I have to assume you were joking, right?
I think that's what these are for "; - )" = disregard previous statement as humour

maybe I am doing it wrong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area