Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 03:27 PM

2 posts, read 4,356 times

Advertisements

I already live in Florida and am wanting to buy a condo in Ft Myers. I've been looking and am disappointed with what the fees are. It's like having another house payment. Looking for a pool and that's pretty much it for amenities, wanted to be as close to the beach as possible. I'm land locked now. Any ideas? Am starting to think of just getting a small house but.. I'm not home that much and thought a condo would be easier to maintain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 09:38 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,872,864 times
We looked too and decided that owning a home was much cheaper....you can get pool,lawn and bug service as well as someone to check your home once a week for around $200 per month......add monitoring for an alarm system and you're up to $240 or so.Even at $300,it's still cheaper than a lot of condo fees.Plus you can have a boat at your back yard dock....no charge...BBQ on your own deck and do pretty much what you want.
Some condo's have self appointed HOA police that will report you if you hang a beach towel out to dry.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:55 PM

68 posts, read 203,397 times
We looked at a new property in the The Forum complex the other day and they told us that HOA fees are $100+ a month and we understood that all this covered was irrigation and keeping the grass cut in a very small common area at the entrance. After looking at several developments IMHO the HOA fees in this area of Florida are not good value for money. As I have mentioned before, condo HOA fees can be a moving target. especially if the builder/developer is still in control.
In our high rise they are nearly $600 a month (for now) but it is surprising how few owners/renters actually use the pools, games and fitness rooms etc. For 'snowbirds' who spend, say, 6 months each year here that is an expensive proposition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area