Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 09:28 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,033,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD0123 View Post
"Now we see folks like you that come along from time to time"

Wow! The deep South gets all warm and fuzzy over statements like that. Tight knit group indeed, you probably all wear sheets when you have house warming parties.
I was born, raised and lived 33 years in Massachusetts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD0123 View Post
I currently live in the ghetto okay...
Since when is Revere the ghetto?

Quote:
I'm old enough to have seen Boston neighborhoods come back from dispair.
Me, too. Like I said, good bones, something that has never existed in Lehigh.

I'm with Riko. It sounds like you already bought, possibly through one of the newest Lehigh Acres home and land scams that are now being marketed to the unknowing. Well, best of luck to you anyway!

Old 05-17-2012, 12:01 PM

3 posts, read 6,321 times
Hello,
I recently relocated to Lehigh Acres from Naples and I will tell you, the people giving such generic answers have no factual basis behind their replies. Due to my diligent crime map monitoring, speaking with local law enforcement and residents for about a year, I successfully found a great home in a wonderful location, with very respectable neighbors. I will warn you that there ARE some VERY bad areas of Lehigh. You will need to check the address of where you are looking on the crime maps to see what you are dealing with. So far, we absolutely love it. Good luck and do NOT be discouraged!

Old 05-17-2012, 12:07 PM

3 posts, read 6,710 times
You know what they say....keep your friends close but youe enemies closer. You just have to get on the blood and crips good side and keep them very close.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:29 PM

52 posts, read 111,128 times
Default Revere Beach? Not!

No, I haven't bought yet. But, I have have a realtor working in the locale I'm interested in. I'm looking for a place that needs some help to get back to what it was meant to be. A well built, great floor plan with low maintenance. This realtor is quite helpful as he's/she's lived in LA for 20+ years. Knows the prattfalls of the wrong neighborhoods, and construction problems.
I'd like to take a second and say a few words about... The "People like you" quote. I don't care for tone okay . That sounds like I'm not one of your "like minded" Lehigh Acres haters.
This reminds me of a day I was in the back woods of Maine looking at a camp for sale with 35 acres, between Bangor and Bar Harbor. So I'm walking the site when a dirt bike pulls up and a good ol boy hops of with his shot gun.
His property abuts the one I'm looking at and, as it turns out, he has already put in a real low ball offer. Anyway, he starts off with this crap
about wanting to find out (through intimidation), who of those looking at the place were "Like minded people" as he put it.
In a nut shell. if you weren't open to his requests to do what he pleased
on the property. And, if you the one who out bid him, you were asking for trouble.
I just have no regard for "The good ol boys" In Maine, Ma, or SW Florida.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettoarbeit View Post
Geez, they must be horrible people if they lived in a housing project. Maybe we could just turn them into Soylent Green.
Dear Billy D's real estate agent:

Nah. Soylent Green is made of old people.

Shhh.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Dear Billy D's real estate agent:

Nah. Soylent Green is made of old people.

Shhh.
Tastes like Chicken

Old 05-21-2012, 03:23 PM

Default Well well well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthompson610 View Post
Hello,
I recently relocated to Lehigh Acres from Naples and I will tell you, the people giving such generic answers have no factual basis behind their replies. Due to my diligent crime map monitoring, speaking with local law enforcement and residents for about a year, I successfully found a great home in a wonderful location, with very respectable neighbors. I will warn you that there ARE some VERY bad areas of Lehigh. You will need to check the address of where you are looking on the crime maps to see what you are dealing with. So far, we absolutely love it. Good luck and do NOT be discouraged!
I'm truly happy that you found a nice spot in LA. Cheers!

Old 05-22-2012, 09:50 PM

29 posts, read 57,280 times
Lehigh Acres was just beginning to boom right before the real estate bubble burst. There were a lot of builders throwing up cheap homes and selling them with questionable mortgages to young families and other first time homebuyers. This of course created a huge problem when the bubble burst. People lost jobs and couldn't pay their adjustable rate mortgages. The area had probably the biggest foreclosure problem in the COUNTRY, yes COUNTRY. With so many people out of work and empty homes everywhere, crime has flourished. It is a shame, what used to be a nice family community has taken a big hit. Check out Cape Coral, it is still very affordable, has some of the best schools around and is SAFE. Good luck.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:25 PM

374 posts, read 792,515 times
Lehigh Acres was never a "great family neighborhood" It started as a "land scam" and hasn't veered that much off course the past 50 + years. Only difference is the crime is FAR worse now than ever!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area