Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:16 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,338,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmack View Post
Yes, and the verified article sub title is:

Sales are slowing as the number of homes selling at bargain-basement prices declines, but the market overall is more stable.

Of course sales are slowing...there aren't any inexpensive homes left.
FYI in A normal market, that is not manipulated. When the sales drop off prices go lower.
It's like that with everything even you should be able to get this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 07:34 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,298,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
FYI in A normal market, that is not manipulated. When the sales drop off prices go lower.
With many products when sales slow, inventory rises, so prices fall to help increase demand.
In SW Florida demand is good, the supply of homes on the market is dwindling, so prices are going up.
Economics 101
When foreclosures and short sales decline and if demand remains strong, new construction will start again. If more homes are built than are demanded, prices will decline.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:53 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,065,846 times
Quote:
Fyi you make forest gump look like a genius. If I have 1000 cans of Pepsi and sell them for. 25 cents a can I might sell 100 a week. When I only have 50 left I can no longer sell 100 and because the demand is there but the supply isn't it will put upward pressure on prices. This time last year there were 900 more homes available for sale in cape. Coral.
the percentage of sales to remaining inventory is actually higher

Old 12-23-2011, 06:20 PM

964 posts, read 2,056,722 times
He's got to be baiting us. No one can be this dense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkev View Post
Fyi you make forest gump look like a genius. If I have 1000 cans of Pepsi and sell them for. 25 cents a can I might sell 100 a week. When I only have 50 left I can no longer sell 100 and because the demand is there but the supply isn't it will put upward pressure on prices. This time last year there were 900 more homes available for sale in cape. Coral.
the percentage of sales to remaining inventory is actually higher

Old 12-24-2011, 08:45 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,859,390 times
If that guy found a $100 bill on the ground,he'd find some way to put a negative spin on it !

Old 12-24-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiamnh View Post
If that guy found a $100 bill on the ground,he'd find some way to put a negative spin on it !
No but I would feel bad for the person that lost it, and if there was no way to return it to the individual I would donate it to a good cause.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:32 AM

964 posts, read 2,056,722 times
Quote:
No but I would feel bad for the person that lost it, and if there was no way to return it to the individual I would donate it to a good cause.

Baby steps, Equal - atta boy!

Old 12-27-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmack View Post
Baby steps, Equal - atta boy!
Your insults just show everyone your true nature. Must be sad to be you.

Old 02-11-2012, 04:18 PM

28 posts, read 49,247 times
Just recently purchased a home in Cape Coral, built 1973, less than $75,000. 3 bdroom, 2 bath approximately 1300 sqft. It was a regular sale. No short sale, no forclosure. We spend quite a bit of time looking and found tons of houses for 80,000. and less, but most of the houses were in dire need of renovations and most had been setting empty and needed major/major renovations. It would be easy to purchase these houses, but expect to put an additional 50,000.+ in it. Some newer houses in the Lehigh area, but area is out in the boonies and subject to a lot of breaking and entering, theft of AC units, and not particularly safe. Some homes in areas not family friendly and that is something to watch for. At the time we bought our (two weeks ago) houses that met what we wanted (good condition, little work needed, safe neighborhood, good walkability, close to beach) were far and few between. If you are willing to go up to 100,000.00, it opens up somewhat in availability. Hope this helps. Watch out for short sales, lots of hoops to jump through and many of the short sales fall thru. Same with foreclosures. Regular cash sale, worked great for us.

Last edited by sandyg1; 02-11-2012 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: add more

Old 02-11-2012, 04:23 PM

28 posts, read 49,247 times
The house we bought had been freshly painted inside, new garage door, new refrig and built in microwave, new washer/dryer and new tile in living areas of house, new carpet in bedrooms. Granted the bathroom vanities and kitchen cabinets are dated, but a fairly easy fix, as we are DIY'ers. Yard needs maintenance. All in all, with lots of leg work, a great realtor, we are very pleased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area