Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 03:28 PM

20 posts, read 56,783 times

Advertisements

It seems to take be taking quite some time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 06:43 PM

964 posts, read 2,063,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL239 View Post
It seems to take be taking quite some time.

I know! Every time I cross it I think the same thing. Here's what I found Cape Coral bridge construction frustrating many :

"What's taking so long is that we're building a tunnel that's 34 feet long, for the toll attendants," Cella said. "They'll be using the tunnel to access the three attended lanes in the middle of the project."

While building a tunnel in Florida is no easy task, Cella says construction is on schedule to finish by summer of 2012.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:08 AM

646 posts, read 1,641,583 times
My personal favorite is getting onto the bridge from Ft.Myers and having to cross three lanes of traffic to go through the leeway lane and then I have to zip over two lanes to get back on the two lane bridge, without smacking into another car or the road barracades they have set up right in front of you. yikes. Almost like you are in a video game.

Dangerous.

Be safe out there.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:07 PM

20 posts, read 56,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmack View Post
I know! Every time I cross it I think the same thing. Here's what I found Cape Coral bridge construction frustrating many :

"What's taking so long is that we're building a tunnel that's 34 feet long, for the toll attendants," Cella said. "They'll be using the tunnel to access the three attended lanes in the middle of the project."

While building a tunnel in Florida is no easy task, Cella says construction is on schedule to finish by summer of 2012.

What happen to being finished by the summer ?

Old 10-17-2012, 05:24 PM

518 posts, read 1,230,920 times
It would have been a lot better if they would have gotten rid of the booths and made it free. Next they will up the toll and if were real lucky they will keep only charging just one way.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:30 PM

693 posts, read 2,011,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCRESI View Post
My personal favorite is getting onto the bridge from Ft.Myers and having to cross three lanes of traffic to go through the leeway lane and then I have to zip over two lanes to get back on the two lane bridge, without smacking into another car or the road barracades they have set up right in front of you. yikes. Almost like you are in a video game.

Dangerous.

Be safe out there.
There are 2 Leeway lanes, 1 on each end with the cash lanes in the middle. At least that's how it has been every time I go over it (which is usually multiple times daily) for at least the last month or so. The merge on the West side of the booth is rather ridiculous and only going to get worse when the project is complete.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL239 View Post
What happen to being finished by the summer ?
You mean it's not done yet? That's crazy....

Old 10-18-2012, 08:37 AM

616 posts, read 1,563,986 times
"The project is expected to be complete by early fall 2012."

Lee County Department of Transportation

Old 10-18-2012, 08:43 AM

616 posts, read 1,563,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billythepokerkid View Post
There are 2 Leeway lanes, 1 on each end with the cash lanes in the middle. At least that's how it has been every time I go over it (which is usually multiple times daily) for at least the last month or so. The merge on the West side of the booth is rather ridiculous and only going to get worse when the project is complete.

Went over last night: 2 leeway lanes on the far left side up against the barrier that merges into another dedicated leeway lane (part of the old toll plaza) then 2 or 3 pay booths then another Leeway lane. Not sure because I was concentrating on all the merging traffic as I went through the far left side.

Yep it's going to be a cluster when it gets done.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stahltkd View Post
Went over last night: 2 leeway lanes on the far left side up against the barrier that merges into another dedicated leeway lane (part of the old toll plaza) then 2 or 3 pay booths then another Leeway lane. Not sure because I was concentrating on all the merging traffic as I went through the far left side.

Yep it's going to be a cluster when it gets done.
Totally ridiculous. It was supposed to be done by this past summer. I think this has gone on now for 2 years - you could have rebuilt the bridge in that time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area