Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 04:35 PM

21 posts, read 32,319 times

Advertisements

good evening everyone, my fiance and i are currently trying to move to cape coral and we are wondering if anyone can refer us to pet friendly living that does not have a breed restriction policy with pit-bulls, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:34 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Do they bite?

Old 03-30-2012, 08:35 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
It's the insurance that is the problem. If you are renting, it has to be disclosed, and insurance companies refuse to write policies with aggressive breeds. You and I may not think pitbulls are aggressive but that doesn't change things.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:57 PM

101 posts, read 272,304 times
you will probably have to find a homeowner who has citizens insurance as they will insure a home but not cover dog bites. most other insurance companies will not insure if you have one of "those" breeds. I know, we have german shepherds and they are on the hit list. We had a hard time renting because of that, but found private homeowners who were willing to rent to us anyway. BUT when we went to buy a home we were getting estimates from insurance companies and most would deny us right away when the asked if we had a certain breed of dog. Luckily, citizens doesn't care and would insure our home.
good luck- it's not easy.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:56 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
If a landlord is using Citizens, be forewarned...the exclusion if for the homeowner, the policy holder, and not the tenants. By law the landlord has to tell the tenant to remove the dogs.

Read this very carefully!

Dog Bite Accidents Attorney - Robert Gluck

Old 03-30-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Do they bite?
no my delilah does not bite at all on april 6 she will be 4 months old shes not even 30lbs yet she is the most loving playful dog. she loves to lick ears and shes scared of the vacuum cleaners lol

if anyone has any rental listings or knows of any real estate agents that could help my fiance and i find pet friendly living i would great appreciate it.

i found 2 landlords so far, one place was not what we were looking for and the second is going to be viewed tomorrow by our family because we are still in new york so hopefully all goes well.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah1206 View Post
good evening everyone, my fiance and i are currently trying to move to cape coral and we are wondering if anyone can refer us to pet friendly living that does not have a breed restriction policy with pit-bulls, any information would be greatly appreciated.

We are willing to pay extra a month in rent, leave a deposit and put a muzzle on her when going outdoors if needed.

someone PLEASE HELPPPP

Old 03-31-2012, 12:36 PM

101 posts, read 272,304 times
True, citizens will only cover the landlord but I don't think many policies will cover renter liability- esp with dog bites. There is liability insurance you can purchase for yourself and dogs - that might help ease some landlords' fears. Google dog liability insurance you might come up with something.

Sorry I don't know the Cape area at all so I can help much. You may want to check craigslist too to see if there are rentals by owner. It's very sad about the dogs, we thought we were going to have to get rid of our girls before we moved here, we couldn't find anywhere with shepherds.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:54 PM

1,563 posts, read 2,874,458 times
Most landlords want nothing to do with pit bulls because of their aggressive record.I know you think that your little delilah wouldn't hurt a flea.......but that's what all pit owners say after their dog has torn someone up.....I know,I know....their are no bad dogs,just bad owners but tell that to some of these folks.Click here: Pitbull Attacks, Maulings, and Killings

Old 03-31-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiamnh View Post
most landlords want nothing to do with pit bulls because of their aggressive record.i know you think that your little delilah wouldn't hurt a flea.......but that's what all pit owners say after their dog has torn someone up.....i know,i know....their are no bad dogs,just bad owners but tell that to some of these folks.click here: Pitbull attacks, maulings, and killings

i never said there were no bad dogs just owners.. Not only pitbulls can be aggressive its any breed of dog. Have you looked at the breed restriction list? Not only pitbulls are listed on it boo boo and the dogs temperment has alot to do with how the owner treats them and trains them. A dog is not going to just attack for no reason the same as a human.. If i feel corned or threatened in any type of way i would attack as well so it all depends on the situation any animal or human is put in.

Do you think its ok when owners have dog fights? Do you think its ok when owners have the dogs vocal cords clipped?

There is alot of animal abuse out there so before you sit there and say anything about my delilah or any other dog and owner for that matter get your facts straight =]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area