Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 11:42 AM

64 posts, read 205,072 times

Advertisements

I wanted to know if anyone knew of any safe neigbhoods off of daniels parkway in Fort Myers,near Cypress Lake High School?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 05:42 PM

48,123 posts, read 21,999,038 times
I am newly settled in Ft Myers and I dont know the demographics. I live in "Gateway" off Daniels Parkway. It is everything I had hoped for. Secure....safe....convenient..and beautiful.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I am newly settled in Ft Myers and I dont know the demographics. I live in "Gateway" off Daniels Parkway. It is everything I had hoped for. Secure....safe....convenient..and beautiful.
thanks,what price ranges are the houses there?Aren't they pretty expensive?

Old 10-10-2012, 05:58 AM

48,123 posts, read 21,999,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonya100 View Post
thanks,what price ranges are the houses there?Aren't they pretty expensive?
Some of the neighborhoods in Gateway are quite expensive...but there are some condos and townhouses that are less so. I think I saw them advertising some new ones starting at $150,000.....but I am not too sure about that. There are some nice neighborhoods over near the Gateway Elementary School (not the HS)....I dont know your budget but you might want to check it out.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Some of the neighborhoods in Gateway are quite expensive...but there are some condos and townhouses that are less so. I think I saw them advertising some new ones starting at $150,000.....but I am not too sure about that. There are some nice neighborhoods over near the Gateway Elementary School (not the HS)....I dont know your budget but you might want to check it out.
ok,thanks,I definitly will.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:48 PM

374 posts, read 796,098 times
I am almost directly across from Cypress Lake Middle School. There are a number of nice locations (safe) but then again it depends on if you are looking for a house/condo or townhome. Single family, I would try to get into Whiskey Creek... Condo or townhome, many many to choose from... BUT once again, there can be a seedy area that inter mingles in any gegraphic location, so do your due dilgence.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Paradise View Post
I am almost directly across from Cypress Lake Middle School. There are a number of nice locations (safe) but then again it depends on if you are looking for a house/condo or townhome. Single family, I would try to get into Whiskey Creek... Condo or townhome, many many to choose from... BUT once again, there can be a seedy area that inter mingles in any gegraphic location, so do your due dilgence.
Thanks,that's very true,it's always so stressful looking for a house,you don't know the neighborhood,and it's just so stressful.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:28 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Bear in mind that you can't count on your child attending a particular school thanks to School Choice, now more aptly named School Assignment. However, I do realize that you or someone in your household may be employed at the school and that is your reason for asking.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:30 AM

319 posts, read 612,181 times
What is your price range? For example, a non- gated community just down the road from Cypress Lake, Town&River, is a waterfront community. The waterfront homes range from million plus to 450k. The non waterfront homes 125k plus. Most of the homes here were built in late 70's and 80's. there are a few newer homes, you can't miss these McMansions, they are built to 2002-5 code with 14 foot elevations. They tower over their neighbors.

The Daniels corridor is one of the "Hot" places to be in Fort Myers. It is Central to everything. The economics through here have the greatest diversity. 10m down to 35k

Just for disclosure sake, I am not a realtor. I do have quite a few customers throughout these areas.

The only way you can go wrong buying here is your budget limitation. If your shopping 50k or less chances are you are going to end up in an older area with a high probability some of your neighbors will be renters and care about their home less.

I hope this helps.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugManTPC View Post
What is your price range? For example, a non- gated community just down the road from Cypress Lake, Town&River, is a waterfront community. The waterfront homes range from million plus to 450k. The non waterfront homes 125k plus. Most of the homes here were built in late 70's and 80's. there are a few newer homes, you can't miss these McMansions, they are built to 2002-5 code with 14 foot elevations. They tower over their neighbors.

The Daniels corridor is one of the "Hot" places to be in Fort Myers. It is Central to everything. The economics through here have the greatest diversity. 10m down to 35k

Just for disclosure sake, I am not a realtor. I do have quite a few customers throughout these areas.

The only way you can go wrong buying here is your budget limitation. If your shopping 50k or less chances are you are going to end up in an older area with a high probability some of your neighbors will be renters and care about their home less.

I hope this helps.
thank you,it does help a lot,I'm thinking lower in price range,10 m and 35 k is way too expensive,I'm thinking 200 thousand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area