Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2012, 07:21 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,506 times

Advertisements

Council opens door for utilities expansion to proceed
Council opens door for utilities expansion to proceed - cape-coral-daily-breeze.com | News, sports, community info. - Cape Coral Daily Breeze
The Morons are at it again, I can't believe that they City Council (from now on reffered to as "The Pork Chop Gang, or PCG for short)
They are going to hand over the contract to the UEP extension to an Engineering Company from Fort Myers WITHOUT GOING THROUGH A BID PROCESS, This is unbelieveable stupidity.
This should be put out to bid at the state level or regional level to get the lowest price for the UEP.
So the Citizens of Cape Coral can get the absolute best deal.
BUT NO the "PCG" is just going to hand it over without a bid process, and the property owners will have to pay up no matter what the cost.
It is unbeliveable that this city council can do this when will this madness stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 07:51 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,091,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
Council opens door for utilities expansion to proceed
Council opens door for utilities expansion to proceed - cape-coral-daily-breeze.com | News, sports, community info. - Cape Coral Daily Breeze
The Morons are at it again, I can't believe that they City Council (from now on reffered to as "The Pork Chop Gang, or PCG for short)
They are going to hand over the contract to the UEP extension to an Engineering Company from Fort Myers WITHOUT GOING THROUGH A BID PROCESS, This is unbelieveable stupidity.
This should be put out to bid at the state level or regional level to get the lowest price for the UEP.
So the Citizens of Cape Coral can get the absolute best deal.
BUT NO the "PCG" is just going to hand it over without a bid process, and the property owners will have to pay up no matter what the cost.
It is unbeliveable that this city council can do this when will this madness stop.

no, no , no equal wrong again. the council is hiring an engineering firm to look over the existing plans that were from the previous UEP installers MWH. it is sort of like an architect reviewing an already designed building and putting a stamp on it. once the engineering firm has reviewed the existing plans and concurs then the project will be put out to bid to have someone else install.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:08 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,984 times
From the article: "...with bidding coming up next May. The shovels should come soon after."
BTW if Equal is against the plan why didn't he voice his objection.
"The vote was given two chances at input from the public and council. Last week's workshop produced virtually no discussion."

Old 10-25-2012, 12:09 PM

here's the daily breeze article. Now equal goes under the name djraal when he comments in the breeze. there's another comment from an engineer with 43 years experience that corrects equal. so knowing equal as the standup guy he is I'm sure he'll retract any idiotic statements he's made regarding this..... but don't hold your breath.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:29 AM

319 posts, read 612,279 times
There isn't going to be any public outrage until they send out the estimated assessments and payment schedule.

As I have mentioned in a couple of posts, we will not get new roads until this utility project is underway in earnest.

Does anyone have an accurate population stat for Cape Coral. I haven't had a chance to look at and break down the property appraisers breakdown of unpaid taxes vs. estimated revenue for Cape Coral.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:47 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugManTPC View Post
There isn't going to be any public outrage until they send out the estimated assessments and payment schedule.

As I have mentioned in a couple of posts, we will not get new roads until this utility project is underway in earnest.

Does anyone have an accurate population stat for Cape Coral. I haven't had a chance to look at and break down the property appraisers breakdown of unpaid taxes vs. estimated revenue for Cape Coral.
It was 154,305 for 2010.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:14 AM

it is a very difficult area to get a population stat. I used to live in a town in New hampshire that had a population of 182 people. it had a very popular ski mountain and was next to the white mountain national forest so it was a very busy place , lots of condos, 2nd home owners. a typical winter weekend there would be 40,000 people in the town eating at resturants and bars. Cape coral isn't at this extreme but you have lots of 2nd homeowners that keep there primary residences in other states, plus you have dual homeowners that live each place for about 6months that may call cape coral their primary residence but had their houses considered vacant when the census went around because they were already left for the northern homes. There are always houses changing hands as well, very transient area.

with absolutely nothing to back it up I would guess summer population of around 100k and a winter population of 200k.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:18 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,349,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugManTPC View Post

The roads in the rest of the Cape Aren't getting fixed either. The pictures I posted are from the NE Cape
All the utilities are in the ground except power.
This is plain and simple Incompetence or Corruption or both.
The local government is totally useless and needs to be removed again, next election VOTE THEM OUT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area