Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 10:53 AM

6 posts, read 29,040 times

Advertisements

OK, so I should NOT consider Naples! Is that what all of you are telling me?? These sound like horror stories! Is it REALLY that bad??

Do the other areas have the same type of housing ( Gated communities on lakes with water at your back door)??

Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 07:20 PM

172 posts, read 945,521 times
There's quite a few gated communities in between Naples and Fort Myers in the Estero/Bonita Springs area. I think there are some really nice ones by FGCU on Ben Hill Griffin Parkway.

If you're wife really has her heart set on Naples though, it's not that bad of a commute. Like I said before, you'll be going the opposite way on I-75 so you should be able to avoid most of the bottlenecks.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:46 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,488,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper View Post
There's quite a few gated communities in between Naples and Fort Myers in the Estero/Bonita Springs area. I think there are some really nice ones by FGCU on Ben Hill Griffin Parkway.

If you're wife really has her heart set on Naples though, it's not that bad of a commute. Like I said before, you'll be going the opposite way on I-75 so you should be able to avoid most of the bottlenecks.
from what I understand though they're starting construction on 75.. so that's gonna make it horrible no matter what direction you go in.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the feedback!

My wife and I are still exploring things, but Naples seems to be the epicenter of interest at this time. Living just outsked the Baltimore-Washington coridor we are used to traffic, so it's not like coming from a small town in the midwest to an Urban center.

I think we are going to pay a visit to the area during "the season" to get a better feel for what life in the area would be like at that time of year.

We will be visiting some of the areas you guys mentioned to see what housing is llike there too.

We are really interested in being somewhere where we have ready access to the Gulf. A pool in our yard is also a MUST. The shopping and resteraunts in Naples were also a draw for us since we like to eat out a lot etc.

Bill

Old 10-31-2007, 11:53 AM

7 posts, read 34,964 times
wlevey- welcome to the area - we live in ft myers and love it. traffic is not a nightmare! we come from houston- i know bad traffic. i've attempted to use this site for help, i'm not finding it helpful for outsiders looking for info. on places they may want to move. alot of these posters seem very angry- i don't know why they need to continue bashing florida. they certainly have the option of leaving. i guess all of the happy, younger, older, working, retired, parents, grandparents etc are out enjoying the beaches and everything else this area has to offer!! naples is lovely- don't let all these people discourage you!! good luck

Old 10-31-2007, 12:03 PM

Thanks, I was beginning to wonder what the attraction of Naples is that 250,000 people decend on it every winter!

Do you know of any communites (gated on a lake etc.) that we should look into. We have seen some nice houses in the Island Walk community (on the net), but we haven't gotten down to look at them.

Bill
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area