Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 09:35 PM

20 posts, read 40,921 times

Advertisements

Pine Island is a nice place to visit. Very quite and low key and is a great getaway for couples. They have an amazing place called Pork Bellies Barbeque! Their barbeque is one of the top 5 I have tried!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 03:19 PM

47 posts, read 147,071 times
Avoid the tourists and try out "Red's". Best seafood around here hands down (not waterfront). I'd recommend visiting it if you have a couple hours. Check out the Tarpon Lodge for a neat place to stay. Berts for a beer. Try for Miceli's for a band/show. Rent a kayak and check out the mangroves early in the morning. Enjoy!

Old 04-30-2013, 12:19 PM

199 posts, read 567,769 times
If you're looking for the beach you won't find any to speak of. Biking around the island is okay - the island is 15 miles long and there's only one main road from north to south, and the ride south between Winn Dixie and St James City is a little boring and monotonous, if you ask me (I've done it on several occasions). Kayaking around Pine Island is superb. Some good launch points are Tropical Point Park, the southern end of St James City and the Pineland Marina. Watching the sun set over Pineland is magnificent. Bokeelia is very scenic, but its all private property so there really isn't any place to park and get out to enjoy it. St James City on the southernmost end of the island has several waterfront places to eat and get a cold beverage. Matlacha is awesome - a great community park to get out and enjoy the scenery and have lunch or a cookout in the park, and also has a fantastic launch point for kayaks and boats, and there are several funky little art galleries, boutiques, shops and restaurants. And the bridge always has a good crowd of fisherman.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:10 PM

20 posts, read 40,921 times
Pine Island has a small island feel to it. I would definitely suggest checking out the shops and restaurant's on the island. Reds is another popular restaurant to check out and the sunsets are beautiful there.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:43 AM

29 posts, read 79,585 times
When you drive there look for the painted telephone poles. The first time I went there missed them completely. Second trip it was fun spotting them when you knew what to look for. Local artists having some fun. Enjoy.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:29 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by st468 View Post
Worth the trip? It's not really a "trip", depending on where you are in Cape Coral, it's only a 5-15 minute drive. From south-central Cape it takes me a maximum of 15 minutes to get there. Best place in the area to buy seafood, stone crab, fresh shrimp, fish, and bait. We go there all the time to buy stone crab for 1/3 the price it is anywhere else.
Where do you get the stone crab?

Old 05-10-2013, 01:53 PM

244 posts, read 487,481 times
this is "how is Pine Island like":

Last edited by monikac21; 05-10-2013 at 02:14 PM..

Old 05-10-2013, 02:13 PM

244 posts, read 487,481 times

Old 05-11-2013, 01:34 PM

260 posts, read 562,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtobewarm View Post
Will arrive in Cape Coral on Saturday and wonder if it's worth the trip? I thought it was nothing but a quiet beach, but reading some posts on here, it sounds like there is more to it than that? Could anyone tell me what it is like?

Pack up the car and journey out to the island, if you are hungry, try out Barnhill's seafood. Just over the bridge on Matlacha.

It's like a history lesson on what life was like here before half of Michigan, Ohio, New York and Mass moved here.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:20 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisDaMenace View Post
Pack up the car and journey out to the island, if you are hungry, try out Barnhill's seafood. Just over the bridge on Matlacha.

It's like a history lesson on what life was like here before half of Michigan, Ohio, New York and Mass moved here.
That's true! Everglades City, south of Naples, is the same way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area