Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 07:22 AM

544 posts, read 1,435,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by native dave View Post
I guess this isn't obvious to newcomers, but Mexicans are new to Florida. Our Latin culture here is Cuban and Puerto Rican based. That goes back hundreds of years here. We only saw Mexicans in Florida at picking time until the "big migration". When I was a kid, Taco Tico was the best Mexican you could get here.
I lived in Phoenix for a while and caught on to the Mexican tamales then.
There is a guy from Immokalee who comes to pine island road in the cape and sets up a fruit stand on the tailgate of his truck Thursday through Saturday or until he sells out. He has several types of homemade tamales and some homemade sauces that are spot on. As far as I know, it's the only place to get the real deal in Cape Coral.
Thanks! I saw him about 3 weeks ago but didn't want to do 5 u-turns to turn around lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 04:50 PM

5 posts, read 26,091 times
I picked up some on Sunday. Best ever. He's doing a dozen for $10. He had chicken, pork and jalapeño. His jalapeño ones are done from home grown jalapeño and are much hotter than any jalapeños I've had anywhere else.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:51 AM

205 posts, read 420,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by native dave View Post
I guess this isn't obvious to newcomers, but Mexicans are new to Florida. Our Latin culture here is Cuban and Puerto Rican based. That goes back hundreds of years here. We only saw Mexicans in Florida at picking time until the "big migration". When I was a kid, Taco Tico was the best Mexican you could get here.
I lived in Phoenix for a while and caught on to the Mexican tamales then.
There is a guy from Immokalee who comes to pine island road in the cape and sets up a fruit stand on the tailgate of his truck Thursday through Saturday or until he sells out. He has several types of homemade tamales and some homemade sauces that are spot on. As far as I know, it's the only place to get the real deal in Cape Coral.

Would you give me a little better idea where on Pine Island road he is located, I'm new to the area and I need a little help with this.

Thank You,

Old 03-23-2014, 07:27 PM

Where on Pine Island Rd is he?

Old 03-24-2014, 09:45 AM

544 posts, read 1,435,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easytim View Post
I've only seen him once by accident, eastbound side of Pine Island Road past the Target. You just have to watch for him.

Old 03-24-2014, 09:58 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easytim View Post
Calm down Tim, they can't be that good.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:18 AM

he he he,,,,,I love it all and really love good tamales yum yum yum :shoc ked:

Old 03-24-2014, 06:13 PM

9,339 posts, read 6,882,857 times
Not Tamales but I highly recommend the Peruvian place at the intercection of Colonial and 41 in FTM. Can't remember the name but the place had great food! My favorite was the Tacu Tacu with beef or pork and plenty spicy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area