Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2014, 12:34 AM

3 posts, read 4,131 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'm planning to move to fort myers within a couple of weeks. I'm looking for a good area where I can stay. I'm 21 y/o living in miami and just got a job with Lee County with a better pay. Any suggestions around the area?
I will appreciate any help. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 04:43 AM

48,128 posts, read 22,002,483 times
It's so long ago that I was your age....that I cant even begin to relate.

You need to figure out what are your interests and the activities you enjoy....what you can afford.....are you alone or in a relationship...town mouse or city mouse. By all means take the time to look around. When we moved to Ft Myers we stayed at an extended stay hotel with a kitchen and LR and BR...for about a month.....that might be a good idea for you. How much stuff do you have? Are you looking for a furnished place? When are you moving here. This is the high season with snow birds returning.....if you were to move in the spring...you might find an inexpensive rental you could use like an extended stay hotel....while you get used to the area and narrow down where you want to live.

Good Luck and welcome to Ft Myers.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:52 AM

I'm moving by myself. It's the first time moving out of home. I don't want to spend more than 900 in rent for now. I would like a place with a gym, and close to a mountain biking park. I'm a paramedic so I'm going to be working all around the area when I start. I only have my bedroom set for now. I don't know anyone around the area so I don't know who to ask about the areas. I don't want to live in the hood, or a retirement place. Thank you

Old 10-06-2014, 09:18 AM

48,128 posts, read 22,002,483 times
I would think that the area near Florida Gulf Coast University might be compatible. I read in another thread on C-D that the area is decent and their are some rentals in your price range. Since you aren't looking for the school year..but for a year round home....you would probably be a desirable tenant. I went to Google and plugged in Ft Myers FL rentals for around $900 mth and there were several C-D threads that popped up.

Good Luck. (and by the way....don't get scared off by posters who promote Cape Coral by saying that Ft Myers is a heck-hole of crime.)

Old 10-06-2014, 09:49 AM

Thank you, I'm going to look near FGCU. I appreciate your time in replying. Thank you

Old 10-06-2014, 04:08 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
No sure what their apartments are going for now, but you might check out the Ashlar. IMO there is no nicer, cleaner, better managed apartment complex in the area, and they are in a convenient, safe area of Ft Myers.

Just a suggestion.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area