U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 10:22 PM

4 posts, read 4,414 times

Advertisements

Hey guys I'm new here and just discovered this forum. I'm moving to the Fort Myers-Naples-Cape Coral-Lehigh Acres area and I'm having trouble finding apartments for a decent price in good areas. Can anyone help me out? Also does anyone have any advice for a northerner coming south?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2015, 03:55 AM

8,590 posts, read 18,945,202 times
Which city are you moving to? You mentioned three rather large areas.

If I were you I'd drop Lehigh as an option and focus on Fort Myers or Cape Coral. Where would you be working? Fort Myers, Cape, Naples..?

Rents in this are a decent price...not sure what your budget is, but in Fort Myers you can expect to pay 1k for a decent unit in a decent area. If you want to spend less you can, but the area is less than desirable. The same goes for the Cape.

If your budget is really thin and cant' afford 1k...Lehigh, God forbid, might be your only option.

Good Luck

Old 09-18-2015, 09:16 PM

is Lehigh that bad? and i'm not sure. I'm staying with family in Lehigh for a couple of months, after that, I don't know. Preferably Fort Myers for sure.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:49 AM

8,590 posts, read 18,945,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcurry26 View Post
is Lehigh that bad? and i'm not sure. I'm staying with family in Lehigh for a couple of months, after that, I don't know. Preferably Fort Myers for sure.

Yes, it's that bad.

Feel free to post areas you're looking into and we'll be glad to give you feedback

Old 09-19-2015, 01:34 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,147,709 times
Lehigh is the pit of all pits. I wouldn't drive through there if it was the zombie apocalypse

Old 09-22-2015, 12:29 PM

Oh damn. My aunt and uncle live in Lehigh Acres and they've always said how nice it is. Damn they must've gotten lucky. I'm just looking for anywhere really. Somewhere safe and somewhere decent. The top end of my budget would be about $900/mo.

Old 09-22-2015, 02:35 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,147,709 times
your budget isn't realistic for this area unfortunately. That's closer to section 8 housing budget. Expect in Naples to pay closer to over $1300 for an apartment. $1100 minimum for a 1 in anywhere live-able and easily over $2500 for a small house. Ft. Myers won't land you anywhere you want to be with $900. Cape Coral..maybe but I wouldn't count on too much. I won't even consider Lehigh in this post unless you like that kind of ghetto living.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:33 PM

385 posts, read 380,438 times
Are rents lower in port charlotte and punta gorda? I see a lot of people asking about the market here and being told that their budget is too low. I wonder if looking farther north is good advice or if it's the same or worse up there. I know houses were priced lower there when I was looking, but no clue about the rental market.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
your budget isn't realistic for this area unfortunately. That's closer to section 8 housing budget. Expect in Naples to pay closer to over $1300 for an apartment. $1100 minimum for a 1 in anywhere live-able and easily over $2500 for a small house. Ft. Myers won't land you anywhere you want to be with $900. Cape Coral..maybe but I wouldn't count on too much. I won't even consider Lehigh in this post unless you like that kind of ghetto living.
Well what a difference a few days makes lol. New job I'm starting and can transfer with when I move in Feb makes the top end $1300 MAYBE $1400 for rent, and looking on Trulia I'm finding that to be much more comforting when looking at apartments. Also, I found one I liked but it's in LaBelle, any thoughts on there?

Old 09-25-2015, 09:00 AM

3 posts, read 2,759 times
No advice needed for a northerner moving to Florida. It's just New York south, so you'll be among your own kind exclusively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or