U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 03:31 PM

11,300 posts, read 7,655,244 times

Advertisements

Or are there none?

I know most places allow at least 2 dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 05:38 PM

8,583 posts, read 18,921,591 times
You will get the best response to this question by calling the City of Fort Myers and the Lee County Humane Society. Bear in mind that landlords, HOAs and communities with deed restrictions will impose their own limits.

A lot of places (privately owned, corporate ran or locally managed) around here do not take pets. Those that do take pets have a limit on number, weight and breed and require a non refundable pet deposit.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:43 PM

42 posts, read 152,658 times
I'm not sure about the city of Fort Myers, but in unincorporated Lee County there is no limit that I'm aware of.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
You will get the best response to this question by calling the City of Fort Myers and the Lee County Humane Society. Bear in mind that landlords, HOAs and communities with deed restrictions will impose their own limits.

A lot of places (privately owned, corporate ran or locally managed) around here do not take pets. Those that do take pets have a limit on number, weight and breed and require a non refundable pet deposit.
I might have to call, I could not find any info online. Broward where I live now states limits per city/town and how many cats/dogs or combined are allowed online.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
I might have to call, I could not find any info online. Broward where I live now states limits per city/town and how many cats/dogs or combined are allowed online.

You're going to have to call if you want correct information.

As I said...each landlord, HOA and community sets up their own limits. So if the City of Fort Myers/Fort Myers doesn't have a limit, that doesn't mean your landlord, HOA, condo board or community deeds won't have limits.

You're in Broward county looking at the worst areas in Lee County to live and your main concern is the pet limit?

Old 10-18-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:

You're in Broward county looking at the worst areas in Lee County to live and your main concern is the pet limit?
Yes, yes it is.

and yes I know that HOAs and apartments can impose their own pet limits or not allow them.

Old 10-18-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
Yes, yes it is.

and yes I know that HOAs and apartments can impose their own pet limits or not allow them.

You should be focusing on the crime factor and not the pet factor. But, hey if you want to get in your own yard I'm not going out of my to stop you.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:49 PM

1,060 posts, read 808,562 times
Quote:
You should be focusing on the crime factor and not the pet factor. But, hey if you want to get in your own yard I'm not going out of my to stop you.
Maybe they are checking how many pit bulls they can keep in the yard to deter crime.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
Maybe they are checking how many pit bulls they can keep in the yard to deter crime.

Pit bulls do not deter crime.

Many (if not most) communities in Fort Myers restrict pit bulls and other 'bully' breeds. But like I said, where they're looking to live no one will care how many dogs, cats, kids, drugs, guns or illegal aliens they have.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:45 AM

It
Quote:
You're going to have to call if you want correct information.

As I said...each landlord, HOA and community sets up their own limits. So if the City of Fort Myers/Fort Myers doesn't have a limit, that doesn't mean your landlord, HOA, condo board or community deeds won't have limits.

By the way calling does not ensure that you will get correct information I have gotten wrong information from the real estate agent the bank and the water company and the city
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or