Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2016, 06:28 AM

118 posts, read 190,229 times

Advertisements

So I did a quick search on zillow for cape coral houses for sale ($300k-$400k) and the map looks like a frickin' christmas tree. What gives, why so many houses for sale?

I'm looking to purchase a house for around $400k, give or take that I will rent out in the short term, then retire in. I know I'm not going to get the perfect 1% rent like the $100k houses get, but that being said I don't want to worry about vacancy. I'm also looking at Jax area, but I might prefer the gulf coast as the water tends to be more calm.

Anyway, when I looked at Cape Coral I couldn't believe rhow many houses there are for sale? Is there something I don't know? Is the rental market this saturated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 08:36 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
You can find a really nice home for $190K, that's why people can't sell home for over $300K here.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:55 AM

53 posts, read 120,396 times
Because your average person/family can't afford $$$$$ them.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:29 AM

52 posts, read 59,409 times
There is about 9 months of inventory with that price range in Cape Coral. The average home price March in Cape Coral was $223,208. So in your case, its good that there are more houses to choose from and with the home price and your budget you will be able to get more for your money compared to other area markets.

Old 04-11-2016, 02:05 PM

180 posts, read 277,114 times
The higher priced homes tend to be on canals or canal streets. If you dont care about living on a canal, you can get a very nice home for 200,000. These homes fly off the market.

Old 04-12-2016, 08:38 AM

195 posts, read 271,947 times
The consumer needs to understand the information they get from the big real estate websites. Sites like zillow use an AVM Automated Valuation Model. This is a computer software program that combines data ONLY to calculate value.
One major concern is they are not timely.not accurate. It is not uncommon at all for them to list properties that sold months ago or even longer.
They will show homes for sale that are not for sale. They just list all properties they can get any information on.
The value they give of a property is nothing you can take to the bank.
They assume a property is in average condition without any inspection of it.
They make no adjustments if a house has had major renovation or upgrades.
They make no adjustment for lot size or location.
Many people think they are viewing the MLS, but this is simply not true.
I have seen property values $75,000 to $100,000 high and the same amounts as a below actual value.
The consumer is left to believe they have the latest and best information on properties that are available and the value of them.
Most of the time this data leads the consumer to make unfounded conclusions of a local real estate market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
View detailed profiles of: