Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 08:15 AM

14,798 posts, read 11,938,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juntjoo View Post
Is it yours or the city's? I've got neighbors who love to park on this supposed city grass and tell me it's not mine, even though I'm supposed to mow it. Is that the case? I've agreed that if it were, and there was a party or some reason everyone else's city owned land was taken up, THEN they could park there but everyone parks on my side before parking on theirs, which I've yet to see. Do I have a reason to complain or not? If not, not sure I'll keep mowing it.
That's usually the easement, ie, the first 10-15 feet ( or whatever it is), from the street adjacent to your property. It's set aside for county projects such as road widening, installation of fire hydrants, or other county projects, although the property owner is expected to maintain it.

When we lived in Miami, in addition to the easement next to the two streets adjacent to our property ( we were on a corner), there was also an FPL easement- about 5-6 feet wide, between our property and our next door neighbor's.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:27 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,687,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
It is annoying to have someone park in front of your home since most areas have driveways, but you have to get over it and stop being miserable. it's the same as the lady in my neighborhood who tells me not to let the dogs pee on the grass in front of her home because she planted some dry twigs and she says she wants those plants to grow. Then a week later she puts up a sign, she's a miserable childish person and always will be.

Hmmmm,

I agree that a reasonable period of time, say a day long visit, but certainly not over night, is nothing to be upset about, when it comes to parking.

As far as the dog situation is concerned, I hardly think that not wanting somebody else's animal's fecal matter splayed over my property is an unreasonable demand. (yes-DEMAND) Doesn't matter what "twigs" are present, or not. If you don't mind dog doo on your lawn, make sure your dog goes on your own lawn.

As for the sign. In legal terms, that is called "constructive notice". So there is no common sense dispute from you when proper authorities are called by her, because you do not cease and desist in the offending action. That actually makes her rather smart. If she's miserable, it might be because someone else is disrespecting her and her property by crapping all over it. Not to mention the disease carrying fleas and ticks that may be infesting her lawn, while your animal is doing it's business there.

Just sayin'

CN.......

Old 04-25-2016, 09:54 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,622,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Hmmmm,

I agree that a reasonable period of time, say a day long visit, but certainly not over night, is nothing to be upset about, when it comes to parking.

As far as the dog situation is concerned, I hardly think that not wanting somebody else's animal's fecal matter splayed over my property is an unreasonable demand. (yes-DEMAND) Doesn't matter what "twigs" are present, or not. If you don't mind dog doo on your lawn, make sure your dog goes on your own lawn.

As for the sign. In legal terms, that is called "constructive notice". So there is no common sense dispute from you when proper authorities are called by her, because you do not cease and desist in the offending action. That actually makes her rather smart. If she's miserable, it might be because someone else is disrespecting her and her property by crapping all over it. Not to mention the disease carrying fleas and ticks that may be infesting her lawn, while your animal is doing it's business there.

Just sayin'

CN.......
Pee is not fecal matter. I pick up poo when my dogs go.

Also my dogs never peed on her twig or mailbox post she must have seem them peeing around other neighbors and got excited. I do lead my dogs away from her area but dog owners now know she's a crazy woman,

In Cape Coral there is a home near the intersection of 78 and Cultural Park Blvd where some moron had a large sign for dogs not to poo on his lawn. A guy at the dog park mentioned it to me yesterday and how ridiculous it is. Perhaps that's your home.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Pee is not fecal matter. I pick up poo when my dogs go.

Also my dogs never peed on her twig or mailbox post she must have seem them peeing around other neighbors and got excited. I do lead my dogs away from her area but dog owners now know she's a crazy woman,

In Cape Coral there is a home near the intersection of 78 and Cultural Park Blvd where some moron had a large sign for dogs not to poo on his lawn. A guy at the dog park mentioned it to me yesterday and how ridiculous it is. Perhaps that's your home.
It's close enough to fecal matter to upset some. If you know it's there, do you go walk thru it? See? To a thinking person it might be worse.

It's very nice that you're responsible enough to pick up the doo, but still disparage others that don't care for it as "crazy", while you allow your animal to spread it's filth ("peeing around other neighbors") around the neighborhood at will.

Some people love dogs (sounds like you, perhaps?), some people can take 'em or leave 'em, some absolutely detest them. All of the above are entitled to their preference, and should have the respect of those in the other categories.

I'm firmly in the take or leave category. Obviously if you talk to someone at the dog park, they'll likely agree with your view of things. Go to the "dogs are the pits" coffee clutch and they'll tear you a new one. Come to the middle, with me, and you can see, and RESPECT both angles. Because I've been self employed most of my life, maybe I think people that punch a clock for a living are "crazy" and "ridiculous", but I respect their desire and right to do so.......see how that works? My opinion works for me, yours works for you, her's works for her.......respect that.

Not trying to pick a fight with you, just saying (the point here, is) that respect for others is a good thing. Respect for other people's property is necessary, unless you want your property disrespected as well. Don't park on it, or pee on it, without permission.......particularly if the owner of said property expressly tells you not to.

I moved from the Cape five or so years back. You wont find me at home there. Maybe at work there, however.

Peace.

CN.......

Old 04-25-2016, 11:18 AM

Dogs peeing in front of your property, or the portion that you don't own is nothing to get upset over. Cats, birds and squirrels pee and poo there too,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1rEA5XSRac

Old 04-25-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Dogs peeing in front of your property, or the portion that you don't own is nothing to get upset over. Cats, birds and squirrels pee and poo there too,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1rEA5XSRac
True,

But the dog has a (presumably) rational thinking human being in control, and responsible for it. (see "common sense" mentioned in a couple posts above this one)

Ferral animals, not so much.

What can I say? right is right.......'nuff said.

(Edit: ever stop to think your posts have you practicing numbers 1,2,3,6, and to a lesser extent 9 and 10?)

CN.......

Old 04-25-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post

What can I say? right is right.......'nuff said.

CN.......
#7 rule on how to be happy. Don't feel the need to always be right.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:04 PM

10,746 posts, read 25,858,805 times
Quote:
If it's a public street and since most in south Florida don't have sidewalks and curbs and street parking I think you are allowed to park in front of someone's home, just not for an extended period of time like for a week in a row without moving.

One solution may be to place your mailbox in the middle of the lot, I think there is a rule that you can't block a mailbox with a parked car.

It is annoying to have someone park in front of your home since most areas have driveways, but you have to get over it and stop being miserable. it's the same as the lady in my neighborhood who tells me not to let the dogs pee on the grass in front of her home because she planted some dry twigs and she says she wants those plants to grow. Then a week later she puts up a sign, she's a miserable childish person and always will be.

You can't park in street anywhere in Cape Coral. Downtown Cape Coral does have street parking on some streets...but you'll notice they are much wider than the residential streets we are talking about.

You just moved here less than 6 mths ago from Broward County and have no clue what it's like over here. So, no he doesn't have to put up with someone parking in his yard or in the street in front of his house...he call CCPD and they will take care of it or simply have it towed.

your neighbor is miserable because she doesn't want your dog peeing and pooping in her yard? Are you kidding? You just moved into this neighborhood and you're already causing issues. I'm not really surprised, but you will be when Animal Control shows up to your house. If you were smart, and the jury is out on that one, you'd abide by her wish and let them stink up your own yard.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:51 AM

Here's a picture of her plant and the sign.
Attached Thumbnails
So what's the deal with the first 10 or so ft of your lawn from the road(in Cape Coral)?-twigs.png  

Old 04-26-2016, 11:26 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,214,044 times
Quote:
Here's a picture of her plant and the sign.
Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area