Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 11:56 PM

16 posts, read 25,999 times

Advertisements

Hello city data community!

I am reaching out to you guys for some help concerning a relocation to the Fort Myers area. I am a healthcare worker and I was initially suppose to relocate to Port St Lucie, but the plan fell through after further negotiation with the employer.

I have secured a position and will be working Fort Myers. I am looking to rent a furnished condo to start with. Do you guys have any suggestions as to which neighbourhoods I should limit my search to?

I need a 2 bed/2 bath, furnished, in a safe and quiet area, within a reasonable commute to Promise. We will be 2 people in our early 30s. We enjoy going to the beach, water activities, going out to restaurants, theatre, gardening, etc. I am looking to rent something for 6 months +1 day with possibility to renew for 1 year.

Preferably, I would like to rent a privately owned condo, not a rental community unit (bad experience).

I am aware that Fort Myers is not party central, and I am totally fine with that.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 02-04-2017 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: precision
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 06:14 AM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,361,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinotto_21 View Post
Hello city data community!

I am reaching out to you guys for some help concerning a relocation to the Fort Myers area. I am a healthcare worker and I was initially suppose to relocate to Port St Lucie, but the plan fell through after further negotiation with the employer.

I have secured a position and will be working for Promise Hospital of Fort Myers (3050 Champion Ring Rd, Fort Myers, FL 33905). I am looking to rent a furnished condo to start with. Do you guys have any suggestions as to which neighbourhoods I should limit my search to?

I need a 2 bed/2 bath, furnished, in a safe and quiet area, within a reasonable commute to Promise. We will be 2 people in our early 30s. We enjoy going to the beach, water activities, going out to restaurants, theatre, gardening, etc. I am looking to rent something for 6 months +1 day with possibility to renew for 1 year.

Preferably, I would like to rent a privately owned condo, not a rental community unit (bad experience).

I am aware that Fort Myers is not party central, and I am totally fine with that.

Thanks for your help!
That is in the Forum area. There are some rental places in the Forum across from the shopping center. Not so quiet though. Take a look in Gateway. There are some townhouse and condo developments scattered around Gateway where there are usually rentals available - some along the golf course. Very quiet and safe. It takes us about 10-15 minutes to get to the Home Depot in the Forum Shops from where we are in Gateway.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:16 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,297,247 times
I agree - try Gateway. Also I would advise removing the name of your employer from this public forum.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:22 AM

Thanks for your help everyone, I will look into forum / gateway!

Old 03-10-2017, 12:04 AM

Finally, we rented a furnished condo in Olde Hickory Country Club for 3 months. I hope it was a good choice!

Old 03-10-2017, 05:06 AM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,361,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinotto_21 View Post
Finally, we rented a furnished condo in Olde Hickory Country Club for 3 months. I hope it was a good choice!
Nice. And not a bad commute to the Forum area from there.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:50 AM

163 posts, read 208,291 times
What area you going to be working in? That might help us give you info!

Old 07-01-2017, 06:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,520 times
I'm moving from NJ to Fort Myers renting in Grand Oasis apartments (condo). Can anyone comment on the safety of that particular area and is there a choice in HS or is it only Dunbar?

Old 07-02-2017, 07:20 AM

53 posts, read 83,485 times
Stay away from DUNBAR also know as The OK CORRAL!

Old 07-09-2017, 08:05 AM

12 posts, read 13,758 times
Slow to see this but I see you're in healthcare. Look up the CMS stars for where you're working. Give it a long hard thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area