Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2017, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 8,411 times

Advertisements

Looking for a 2BR 2 BAth on a canal.

We loved fort Myers beach.

Are there other neighborhoods similar with the canals and a walk to the beach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2017, 05:16 PM

195 posts, read 270,544 times
There are many questions that need to be answered before a useful answer is given.

1. Are you wanting to rent or to buy?If renting are you wanting long term or short term and do you need a furnished place?
2. What is your budget?
3. What is your time frame to move?

Many people do not realize that a property that is close enough to the beach to walk to will cost you.
So a budget is very important when you start the search.

Old 04-16-2017, 05:18 PM

195 posts, read 270,544 times
Sorry, I missed the heading to your post. I see that you are looking to buy.
So you can skip the remarks about renting, the rest would apply to your situation.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:18 AM

597 posts, read 1,438,911 times
As far as the areas offering a canal and close beach access, Fort Myers Beach is really the only part of Southwest Florida that offers the two conveniences in one location. Depending on your budget, Sanibel Island has some canals but the taxes and prices are really high and same thing with Marco Island (south of Naples) would be another option offering canals and beaches. Cape Coral has the most amount of canals, but don't offer the beaches that the other areas do.

I bought a house on Fort Myers Beach and one thing I can tell you is make sure you are working with an agent from Fort Myers Beach. There's so much going on the island and it's important that your agent is aware. I made sure the one I used was knowledgeable and he lived on the island.

Old 04-24-2017, 04:56 PM

407 posts, read 826,451 times
Have you looked at Punta Gorda Isles? Its approximately 30-40 minutes north of Ft Myers Beach, but you will get much more for your money up there compared to anything in Lee & Collier. A lot more of a selection considering over 70% of Punta Gorda residents live on the canal.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:39 PM

4 posts, read 4,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLidoBeach View Post
Cape Coral has the most amount of canals, but don't offer the beaches that the other areas do.

Cape Coral does have a very nice public beach in the south near the yacht club.

Yacht Club Community Park

Old 04-30-2017, 07:16 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,760,416 times
I sure wouldn't want to be stuck in that FMB traffic every day, especially in season.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:44 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,206,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benoved View Post
Cape Coral does have a very nice public beach in the south near the yacht club.

Yacht Club Community Park
Yea great beach with brown water that comes flowing from Lake Okeechobee......

I don't swim in anything north of Del Wiggins Pass in Naples, even the southeastern part of Sanibel by the lighthouse is pushing it since it's right by the mouth of the Caloosahatchee River, depends on the tide I guess...

Sad to see what happened last year with the record rainfall in January and all the water quality issues Fort Myer's beach had.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:31 AM

82 posts, read 154,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
Yea great beach with brown water that comes flowing from Lake Okeechobee......

I don't swim in anything north of Del Wiggins Pass in Naples, even the southeastern part of Sanibel by the lighthouse is pushing it since it's right by the mouth of the Caloosahatchee River, depends on the tide I guess...

Sad to see what happened last year with the record rainfall in January and all the water quality issues Fort Myer's beach had.
So far this year its been very dry with little rain, so I'm hoping this summer the releases from Lake O will be very small and not impact the beaches like it did last year. Not fun to go to a beach on a 95 degree day and not be able to go into the water because its brown!

Old 05-06-2017, 11:59 PM

222 posts, read 220,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp1234 View Post
So far this year its been very dry with little rain, so I'm hoping this summer the releases from Lake O will be very small and not impact the beaches like it did last year. Not fun to go to a beach on a 95 degree day and not be able to go into the water because its brown!
It's not even rainy season yet. Just wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area