Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 03:34 PM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times

Advertisements

The Zoysia grass seems like a great choice but from the article posted here it seems it is only grown from seed or plugs. I am probably getting ahead of myself because although I have my preapproval, my aunt's house had a reverse mortgage so my mom and I are going through all their procedures now to buy it back from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2017, 06:12 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,335,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
The Zoysia grass seems like a great choice but from the article posted here it seems it is only grown from seed or plugs. I am probably getting ahead of myself because although I have my preapproval, my aunt's house had a reverse mortgage so my mom and I are going through all their procedures now to buy it back from them.
Please keep us posted on how it's going.

How does that work? You buy it back on the amount owed? I am curious on the process.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:47 AM

Yes we buy it back for what is owed on the reverse mortgage. My mother, as executor, is the owner and since the house will appraise for approximately $50K more than is owed to the reverse mortgage company, she will give me that money to fix the house up as it has been sadly neglected since my aunt was so sick the last few years of her life.

If there were no next of kin the reverse mortgage company would just foreclose and sell it themselves.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:15 PM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,335,073 times
Quote:
Yes we buy it back for what is owed on the reverse mortgage. My mother, as executor, is the owner and since the house will appraise for approximately $50K more than is owed to the reverse mortgage company, she will give me that money to fix the house up as it has been sadly neglected since my aunt was so sick the last few years of her life.

If there were no next of kin the reverse mortgage company would just foreclose and sell it themselves.
Thanks for the explanation

Old 05-06-2017, 02:52 PM

It's actually one of the few reasons I will buy this house as it needs updating very badly and a new roof. If I can't walk away with at least $50,000 I'm not buying it. The inside is dated but not horribly. After the roof, the kitchen will be the first thing I do.

Old 05-08-2017, 07:17 AM

319 posts, read 611,950 times
Quote:
The Zoysia grass seems like a great choice but from the article posted here it seems it is only grown from seed or plugs.
Run from Zoysia, we do not have the right PH. I make a lot of money doing soil remediation and fertilization for zoysia.

If we had a relative PH between 6.5 and 7, no issue. But most of the homes are 7.2 to 7.5.

That means the grass looks yellow and stressed for several weeks throughout the year while we work to lower the PH again and achieve the desired green.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:14 PM

Oh my goodness, a townhouse is looking better and better. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area