Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 08:55 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,283,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhau View Post
would you recommend the Tampa area for a retiree , to relocate to , who wants to get away from the cold winters .. thanks

p.s. only answer the foll. question , if you wish to... i'm not going to be offende if you don't ....Q:: where do you live now ?
speaking as a third generation snow bird, Tampa/Orlando/Coco are too far north weatherwise in January...keep going south. Also, it is more affordable in the Fort Myers general zone area due to the lack of industry.

Check out Paseo in South Fort Myers. Just bought there myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoward48 View Post
Hi,
I am trying to find out if they passed the tax swap bill they were talking about? I read awhile back they were going to put one on the ballot, to help lower home owners tax? I thought it was going to go be determined today, or read something about it being on Friday, for them to decide.

Trying to determine if we can move to the beautiful state of Florida or not. To tell the truth, it is very confusing to me, reading about the property tax info. I cannot find if this tax swap ever came about?

They spoke about making the sales tax higher, then lowering the property tax. I was not sure if it was good or not.

Any help or info on this would be appreciated. Would like to know If I could afford to move there.
go down and snoop around. there is something for every income level, just start out by renting. Manufactured home communities or even a classic trailer park can be very cosy if the nieghbours are friendly.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyj1622 View Post
Hi all,
I just moved here from MN and am looking for information on the area. Can anyone tell me if there is anyplace that you can take a little dog with you and walk along the beach or coastline? I realize that they don't want animals on the publc beaches but is there someplace we could go that both myself and my little Yorkie can enjoy the Gulf? If anyone has any suggestions of other places to go just to get acquainted with Sarasota, please let me know. I would like to visit the downtown area and go to the Farmers Market and see all that Sarasota has to offer.
Thanks, Jody
there is a very nice dog beach in a park just south of St. Petersburg, not far from Sarasota, fort de soto park

Old 08-23-2008, 09:35 PM

22 posts, read 90,502 times
Thank you for the info about areas to take a dog and enjoy the beach. We will check out that park for sure.
Jody

Old 09-07-2008, 06:25 PM

66 posts, read 216,569 times
Default Living in Cape Coral

I live in NW Cape Coral, and just moved here a few weeks ago. I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabeauty822 View Post
Hi. Do you live in Ft Myers?

Old 09-09-2008, 02:15 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,282,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingCapeCoral View Post
I live in NW Cape Coral, and just moved here a few weeks ago. I love it!
Welcome to Florida and the forum

Old 09-14-2008, 01:33 PM

66 posts, read 216,569 times
Thanks! I never, and I mean never, will move back up north. It is so beautiful and there is so much to do. I am the type tat likes to relax sometimes and do stuff too so it is the best of both worlds.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:46 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,029 times
Default Marco?

Hey all!

My husband and I are coming over to celebrate my birthday next week. We've never been spent any time over there, just driven by. We were thinking about a couple days on Marco. Any suggestions on where to stay, things to see and do. We live on the beach over here so while yes, the gulf is beautiful, a room with a gulf view isn't real important. I've heard the shopping is excellant, but that isn't how I want to celebrate my BIG
5-0 either. Looking for a nice hideaway spot, some place fun but not elegant for dinner and a local watering hole.

TIA!

Old 10-15-2008, 07:39 PM

I dont know Marco, but for shopping there is the main drag in Naples (5th), Waterside up the trail a bit, and Coconut Point in Estero.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:53 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,464,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroeran View Post
I dont know Marco, but for shopping there is the main drag in Naples (5th), Waterside up the trail a bit, and Coconut Point in Estero.
Thanks very much for your response. We went a few weeks ago and had a really nice time. We didn't do much shopping but hit a few of the places that the locals hang out which is much better than the touristy places IMO.
Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area