Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 09:57 AM

470 posts, read 1,073,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourtime4fun View Post
We're buying in the Buckingham area of Ft. Myers in a Lennar gated community. This is the home we're purchasing but they have some a little less expensive:

https://www.lennar.com/new-homes/flo...-homes/oakmont

We are 25 minutes from the airport and less than an hour from a beach and no more than 90 minutes from Sarasota, Naples etc. So all in all, a nice location for our needs.

Check them out and tell Stephanie that Sam C sent you!
Hey Sam! I am looking at their website, but don’t see anything about amenities, cost of the HOA, etc. Is that 8nfomation a secret until you go meet with them?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2018, 12:23 PM

31 posts, read 35,935 times
I'll get you that info when I get home. Don't have access to it at work.

Sam

Old 01-16-2018, 01:46 PM

Fantastic!! Thanks Sam!!

Old 01-17-2018, 06:54 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
I would call it a section or area of Fort Myers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gateway,_Florida

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ga...7!4d-81.750361

It goes from just off the airport to rt 82 east of I-75 around Jetblue Park.

I would take into consideration any airplane noise, although I did grow up a mile from a major International airport and the planes were routed so the noise did not affect us.
I lived in Gateway from 2013-2017 and I never heard airplane noise. It's a lovely community.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:48 PM

31 posts, read 35,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekkidFish View Post
Hey Sam! I am looking at their website, but don’t see anything about amenities, cost of the HOA, etc. Is that 8nfomation a secret until you go meet with them?

Thanks!
Portico Estate Homes fees:

Master Property Owners Association fees - $661.34 annually (paid quarterly)
*Includes common area maintenance, utilities and irrigation operating expenses

Landscape/Maintenance of lawns fees - $900.00 annually (collected quarterly)
*Includes mowing, edging and blowing only

Sub total $130/month

Portico Amenities fees (base) $500 annually (collected quarterly)
Portico Amenities expense fee $519.46 annually (collected quarterly)
*this is for the Community center and pool and are not payable until they are completed sometime in 2018 we think/hope. I also believe the gate will have a guard as well once a certain percentage of homes are completed. I assume this pays for the guard too.

Sub total $85/month

Total HOA Fees - $215/month

The infamous CDD fees
of $1176.15 annually and operations and maintenance fees on top of that of $128.22 but these are part of the tax bill

That's it I believe. There are lot premiums but if you get in early like we did, they are somewhat negotiable. We're on the lake. Our home should break ground in the next couple of weeks. Hope to be in by the end of May.

Good luck!
Sam

Old 01-17-2018, 04:40 PM

Thanks Sam! I truly appreciate you taking the time to share all of this with me!!

Good luck with your new home!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area