Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 10:11 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,688,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsider1 View Post
Chinese firms bargain hunting in U.S. - Los Angeles Times

It wouldn't hurt if someone could whisper to these folks about Cape and North Port.
RANT ON!!!!!!!!
Don't worry, they're coming, so are the Europeans, to join the rest of the planet in picking the bones of whats left of this country. We have a loooooooooong ride to the bottom, still to come, and an even longer ride back up. I dont think we're gonna be the USA anymore when we get to the bottom of the ninth...Just a wholly owned subsidiary of the Chinese. No Demoncrats or Republicans gonna save us now. Ironic that the Chinese are giving up their bicycles, and buying cars, while we are starting to give up our cars, and buy bicycles, eh? We've been sold out folks.....the chinese revolution is here. Those, from all the generations, that have given all for this country, must surely be shedding a tear, for a once great country, about to go down without so much as a wimper.
RANT OFF!!!!!!
Sorry for going off topic, but some things need saying from time to time.

Last edited by Compression; 05-12-2008 at 10:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 05:52 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,723,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
RANT ON!!!!!!!!
Don't worry, they're coming, so are the Europeans, to join the rest of the planet in picking the bones of whats left of this country. We have a loooooooooong ride to the bottom, still to come, and an even longer ride back up. I dont think we're gonna be the USA anymore when we get to the bottom of the ninth...Just a wholly owned subsidiary of the Chinese. No Demoncrats or Republicans gonna save us now. Ironic that the Chinese are giving up their bicycles, and buying cars, while we are starting to give up our cars, and buy bicycles, eh? We've been sold out folks.....the chinese revolution is here. Those, from all the generations, that have given all for this country, must surely be shedding a tear, for a once great country, about to go down without so much as a wimper.
RANT OFF!!!!!!
Sorry for going off topic, but some things need saying from time to time.
You get my applause!!!!! I agree. We are pretty much screwed here, Canada is looking better, I think I will start taking french lessions, heck! My mothers side of the family are from Canada...

Old 05-15-2008, 02:36 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,882,906 times
Things seem to get worse each month. Lack of jobs and the combination of weak housing sales, falling home values and tighter mortgage lending criteria have left us with alot of empty homes and the foreclosures up 800 percent over 2007. Add to that a new problem, Will the snowbirds come back due to the fuel cost? We have a mess to clean up!!

Collier foreclosures up 800 percent over 2007; Lee up 357 percent : Real_Estate : Naples Daily News

Last edited by firemed; 05-15-2008 at 02:49 PM..

Old 05-20-2008, 08:20 AM

83 posts, read 309,241 times
Yeah right rock bottom. My parents have a home in SW Cape for sale. This home is paid off and completly updated. This home would normally sell for at least 550K. Do you know what there price is????????????????????????????? 300K! They have gone down and down and down! Now they wont make a dime off that house and they can't afford the property taxes or homeowners insurance. They are going to loose there home for property taxes! I know the whole country is to blame but the major problem is these SHORT SALES! They are ruining us! Those sticky scum bags, one I worked for.. Victor Sykora of Broadway Management, are screwing pepole over hard! Once these houses are short saled, they cause our property values to go way down. So now these people who have put there hard money and lives into there homes, cant get what they are worth. Thast the BIG #1 in my book. #2, these people who are short saling are not told that they will have to pay on there taxes the next year! So basically its a gimmick for investors. THEY INVESTORS rouined us down there. Some did good but some went so greedy over the top! Now thats just the housing bit. What about the crime. Anyone watch Cops on Saturdays? Lee County is ALWAYS on! Almost more than Vegas or texas! I don't know........I hear everything is getting worse. We left because my husband worked for a company based out of Miami and he was a supervisor here in Lee County. well one day they decided to hire an illegal immigrant to take his job for less pay! So we sat there for 6 months job less! So now all the businesses are catering to the illegal immigrants because costs are going up and they need cheap labor. They are going as far as obtaining social security cards for these individuals so they dont get fined! Bank of America giving illegals credit cards! i couldnt even cash a pay check with out two forms of ID and had to pay $5.00! Jhon King you aint missin' a thing!

Old 05-20-2008, 08:23 AM

83 posts, read 309,241 times
Oh and one more thing, apparently those who have lost there homes.......those homes have new occupants, BUMS! Yep, the bums are moving into them because the banks cant keep them locked up! Right behind my sons daycare there were 6 houses (foreclosures) all with bums living in them and to get those bums out, they have to go through the court system to have them removed! And the un-mowed lawns there are tremendous! I can see snake and rat infestations by the droves! YOu would think for the high property taxes, they could afford to cut those grasses!

Old 05-20-2008, 08:34 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,688,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellec View Post
So now these people who have put there hard money and lives into there homes, cant get what they are worth.

The same thing is being repeated all over the country, this is all aimed at steering the American people into an easy acceptance of the NAU(north american union) that will be forced upon us in the next couple of years. This is the "CHANGE" that the current Presidential candidates are chattering about. It's coming regardless of who you vote for. The standard of living we are accustomed too is being leveled out with the standards of our new "partners" Canada, and most notably, Mexico.
I remember seeing an interview of the outgoing(at the time) mexican president Vicente Fox, and one thing he mentioned was how the American people would be demanding a new form of currency before long. The new currency is the "Amero", and what we are now witnessing in SW Florida, and all over the country, are the birthing pains of the NAU. I guess we need to get used to it, because, apparently, there's nothing the American people have to say about it. We've been sold.....

Good reading at Stop the North American Union

Old 05-22-2008, 10:46 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,882,906 times
South Florida is not doing good! I see it first hand each day.
Southwest Florida: Garage sale economy | news-press.com | The News-Press (http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080522/NEWS01/805220359/1075&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL - broken link)

Old 05-22-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
Southwest Florida: Garage sale economy | news-press.com | The News-Press (http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080522/NEWS01/805220359/1075&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL - broken link)

I agree with FIREMED..... Worse and worse...

Old 05-22-2008, 03:43 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,033,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
My dad, who lives in Florida, says that the storage companies have been having lots of "sales," too. Apparently, people that had to leave their homes put their furniture in storage and then couldn't pay the rental fees.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
My dad, who lives in Florida, says that the storage companies have been having lots of "sales," too. Apparently, people that had to leave their homes put their furniture in storage and then couldn't pay the rental fees.

Wow, I just read that News Press write up. Funny thing is... We are having a garage sale Saturday to get rid of some stuff so we can make some money, and to get back up north in a few months. We just moved to my moms house this week to help them save thier house they are 3 months behind, and we can save money... Now I don't feel like a loser moving into "mom's house"...LOL!!!

When I go back up north this time it will be in my car pulling a Uhaul trailer, I can't afford to gas up a 11mpg Uhaul. I will gas up my 28-35mpg, 4 cylinder, 2005 Malibu. We will just go up with personal possesions, and bare necessities. Sad, but that's the only way this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area