Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2021, 08:31 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,712,095 times

Advertisements

How would you say Estero is set up for bicycling? Specifically along Corkscrew Road (to the Publix and outlet mall) but also in the area generally.

I'll be spending about 3 weeks there next year. I checked on rental cars and it's at least $1,200 for that time. So I'm considering my options for at least part of the time. As I recall, Corkscrew Road has some construction and also does not have continuous bike paths.

I'd love to save some money, but I also don't want to get in a bike accident if it's not safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2021, 06:00 AM

10,746 posts, read 25,881,875 times
Rent a car.. or use an Uber. It’s safer.

Old 11-24-2021, 06:59 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,327,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcats View Post
How would you say Estero is set up for bicycling? Specifically along Corkscrew Road (to the Publix and outlet mall) but also in the area generally.

I'll be spending about 3 weeks there next year. I checked on rental cars and it's at least $1,200 for that time. So I'm considering my options for at least part of the time. As I recall, Corkscrew Road has some construction and also does not have continuous bike paths.

I'd love to save some money, but I also don't want to get in a bike accident if it's not safe.
Where in Estero are you staying? Tidewater? Then a bike is fine. Out East like Corkscrew Shores or The Place or Wild Blue? No, don't ride a bike down that road. Construction, fast drivers, no sidewalks - not a safe biking area. West of 75 down by Via Coconut? Eh, its ok to bike but I still wouldn't.

Old 11-24-2021, 09:49 AM

225 posts, read 174,330 times
Quote:

With all the people who can't drive correctly and safely in their autos in FL, there are very few towns or cities that I would ride a bike on any primary or secondary road in FL, and certainly not around Estero.

Old 11-24-2021, 09:20 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,712,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
Where in Estero are you staying? Tidewater? Then a bike is fine. Out East like Corkscrew Shores or The Place or Wild Blue? No, don't ride a bike down that road. Construction, fast drivers, no sidewalks - not a safe biking area. West of 75 down by Via Coconut? Eh, its ok to bike but I still wouldn't.
Bella Terra, but I think the responses already gave me my answer. Thanks all.

Old 11-27-2021, 07:35 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,327,526 times
Quote:
Bella Terra, but I think the responses already gave me my answer. Thanks all.
Definitely not, but you can bike all around Bella Terra, its a massive community.

Old 12-10-2021, 03:28 PM

29 posts, read 33,264 times
There are many bikes here especially groups of folks using those fancy riding bikes in there special outfits you see in Tour de France styles. There are plenty of bike lanes with the roads. Avoid rush hour am/pm times and have those rear view mirrors I see on the bicycle helmets. Risk is anything but awareness and safety can reduce the risk. I see more news about car crashes, motorcycle crashes relative to the very few bicycles accident. Be careful, have fun

Old 02-11-2022, 08:48 PM

40 posts, read 27,929 times
If you can stay on a side walk that is separated from traffic and avoid crossing the major roads without a red light. Then you should be good. I ride my bike to Public on Ben Hill Griffin Pkwy and I do just find. However, if you can't find a good side walk or bike path I would recommend finding a back street or a different road/destination to go to. As long as you don't go too far, you should be good. With the sidewalk and trees in some areas, it is not the worse place to bike. Safe riding my friend, if you bike anywhere near FGCU you may see me on my bike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
View detailed profiles of: