U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 12:33 PM

246 posts, read 701,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
How would you know if the crime is up in Cape Coral ? City Data has listed 2002 as the last year for Crime rates. But all other areas are 2005. Is this something to hide?
I looked on the Cape Coral web site and it tells you the data for 2005. 3rd lowest with over 100,000 people. That is how I know. Sorry, nothing to hide, just stating facts.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:15 PM

2,141 posts, read 4,818,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-50 View Post
I looked on the Cape Coral web site and it tells you the data for 2005. 3rd lowest with over 100,000 people. That is how I know. Sorry, nothing to hide, just stating facts.
If it was the Cape Coral City web site the numbers must be right. Now this is from a city that needs a 111 millon dollar admin safety building. If the numbers were that low why are more jail cells needed ?

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/UCR...2006SA_CIF.pdf

Last edited by firemed; 04-23-2007 at 04:31 PM..

Old 04-24-2007, 10:17 AM

27 posts, read 115,047 times
Check the taxes, insurance, and requirements for you to be hooked to sewer, and last info I read was fee of $25,000 and it is mandatory. I would rather live North Ft. Myers, Labelle area. Traffic congestion is bad all year long. Real estate market is way down on sales so it would be buyers market.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,274 times
Thumbs up moving to cape coral?

My wonderful, dedicated doctor moved to Cape Coral a couple of years ago. I had been driving from Hollywood, FL to the west coast for my appointments but it is not working out. I am considering moving to CC just to keep him as PCP.
It is clean, quiet, and beautiful in Cape Coral. I think the people who have said negative things about it are just trying to keep this gem a secret ...

Old 04-05-2008, 05:06 AM

8,268 posts, read 8,018,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawni1972 View Post
i lived in cape coral for a year because my husbands family lives there and personally i hated it. There are alot of rude people there and if you like trees and nature cape coral is the wrong place to live since it looks like there was a nucleur meltdown that took away all the trees. I had to get out of there and move to northern florida where the beauty of trees reside.
You don't need to go all the way to northern FL, but I agree with you. There are some older Cape neighborboods with trees, but much of it does look like the morning after on one of those mini-series about nuclear war.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:32 PM

257 posts, read 621,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaze View Post
My wonderful, dedicated doctor moved to Cape Coral a couple of years ago. I had been driving from Hollywood, FL to the west coast for my appointments but it is not working out. I am considering moving to CC just to keep him as PCP.
It is clean, quiet, and beautiful in Cape Coral. I think the people who have said negative things about it are just trying to keep this gem a secret ...
We have a second home in Cape Coral and I love it too! I have found people to be very friendly.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:07 PM

33 posts, read 65,005 times
Cape is Great!

Old 04-23-2008, 09:54 PM

246 posts, read 701,622 times
Here is stats for CC.

2006 City-by-City Crime Comparison > City of Cape Coral > Crime Statistics

Old 04-24-2008, 05:13 PM

553 posts, read 1,289,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
If it was the Cape Coral City web site the numbers must be right. Now this is from a city that needs a 111 millon dollar admin safety building. If the numbers were that low why are more jail cells needed ?

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FSAC/UCR...2006SA_CIF.pdf
Gee we recieved a new 5 million dollar volunteer firehouse does that mean there are more fires ? Everywhere in the country needs more jail cells, if you are on the job in some way you should know that, with certain crimes it is up to if the beds are all taken when you go to court, weather you get probation or time, it is fact that certain times of the month more people go to jail because people are getting out. So yea everywhere needs more cells in reality. P.S. watch out for the ten year old hooligans that steal tires on the curb.

Old 04-24-2008, 05:47 PM

2,141 posts, read 4,818,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY62 View Post
Gee we recieved a new 5 million dollar volunteer firehouse does that mean there are more fires ? Everywhere in the country needs more jail cells, if you are on the job in some way you should know that, with certain crimes it is up to if the beds are all taken when you go to court, weather you get probation or time, it is fact that certain times of the month more people go to jail because people are getting out. So yea everywhere needs more cells in reality. P.S. watch out for the ten year old hooligans that steal tires on the curb.
Cape Coral has a 5 million dollar volunteer firehouse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area