U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-31-2010, 04:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,159 times

Advertisements

My neighborhood gets flooded with kids - think they're bused in because we don't have that many kids in the neighborhood. They start around dusk and go til about 8:30. You're right, nothing official, nothing in the media or Cape Coral website (but that's typical, they're too busy worrying about the size of their new (free) trash cans...
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 04:53 PM

8,287 posts, read 8,141,943 times
Mostly retired folks where I live, but I have my KitKat bars and Butterfingers ready..just in case! Are Butterfingers supposed to be that hard? I know my teeth are terrible, but I had to pound one of those suckers with a hammer. I think it's kind of funny that we are trying to teach our kids to health healthful foods and avoid sweets & junk food, and then we have a night dedicated to collecting more candy than you can possibly eat without puking.

Happy Halloween! http://bestsmileys.com/halloween1/5.gif (broken link)

Old 10-24-2011, 07:19 PM

2 posts, read 5,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteMMA View Post
I'm new to Cape Coral and am located in the SW section... where is the best area for trick or treating? Are there any rules such as times that the kids usually head out? Some towns across America start trick or treating crazy early when it's still light and I've always gone when it was all the way dark back in Michigan.
Anyone with any answers would be greatly appreciated! I'm looking forward to finding a good place to take my children and celebrate!

36th street is the best place to go trick or treating.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:21 PM

2 posts, read 5,817 times
Post hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

When is trick or treating in cape corel florida?

Old 10-24-2011, 07:54 PM

5,011 posts, read 3,041,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by batesbr422 View Post
When is trick or treating in cape corel florida?
On Halloween.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:55 PM

646 posts, read 884,518 times
I think Sandoval is the one of the craziest places I've ever trick or treated! Felt like something out of a movie!! My kids still have candy left over.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:12 AM

1,301 posts, read 958,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteMMA View Post
I'm new to Cape Coral and am located in the SW section... where is the best area for trick or treating? Are there any rules such as times that the kids usually head out? Some towns across America start trick or treating crazy early when it's still light and I've always gone when it was all the way dark back in Michigan.
Anyone with any answers would be greatly appreciated! I'm looking forward to finding a good place to take my children and celebrate!
Mostly the one's that start really early are the folks whit the really little kids. We have lots of kids in the area and it's their one day to have fun so who cares when they start, and since it is a school day it wont be till after school.
The thing I do object to is the people that cart their kids in to neighborhoods where they don't live, just so they can get more candy.
The only value you teach your kid is greed in that situation.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Status: "You've grown up really crazy! - Eisley" (set 3 days ago)

21,686 posts, read 32,002,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
Mostly the one's that start really early are the folks whit the really little kids. We have lots of kids in the area and it's their one day to have fun so who cares when they start, and since it is a school day it wont be till after school.
The thing I do object to is the people that cart their kids in to neighborhoods where they don't live, just so they can get more candy.
The only value you teach your kid is greed in that situation.
There are entire neighborhoods where people don't turn their lights on and refuse to answer doors. And I mean throughout the country. There are also neighborhoods where they actively want children to come from other neighborhoods.

But hey, when you have a penchant for turning everything into a whine and a paranoid conspiracy, you might as well go for a children's holiday, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area