Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2009, 07:21 PM

40 posts, read 111,835 times

Advertisements

i moved from miami to cape coral and cape coral for me is very boring and its not that its ugly it actually has ok houses and some nice neighborhoods but it all looks the same because its new there are alot of bad people that come from ft.myers to live in cape coral but they don really bother you.the schools are actually good like yea there will be couple fights in the middle schools but theyre nothing serious,and its also kina hard to find a job most people go to ft.myers to work there are no ghetto neighborhoods here whatsoever or bad neighborhoods so you will be safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 03:17 PM

5 posts, read 9,673 times
I think I have been talked out of moving to the CC area. My husband is stuck on the idea of moving to FLorida. He lived there as a young boy. Looking a little more north of Tampa or Punta Gorda but I don't know. All I know is I have to find somewhere soon! Thank you all for you info and assistance

Old 09-09-2009, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,100 times
i'm going to cape coral for a vacation...we will be renting on the sw part of this area...a friend stayed in north cape coral and had his rental robbed 3 times...he said they use the water way to see who is home or not..the lani was cut with a knife once...do i have to rethink this vacation ?? the person we are renting from said there all million dollar plus around where his rental is..

Old 09-09-2009, 04:45 PM

917 posts, read 2,615,547 times
Khcarlet, I lived in SW Cape Coral a couple of years ago with my wife and teen daughter. We never felt unsafe. You'll be fine.

Last edited by tommy-105; 09-09-2009 at 05:27 PM..

Old 09-09-2009, 05:40 PM

515 posts, read 1,590,547 times
In this digital age we now live in, why don't you ask for pictures of the rental and all of the surrounding houses and attractions. Some parts of Cape Coma are worse than others. Only one beach over there at the Southeast tip.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjstrain View Post
In this digital age we now live in, why don't you ask for pictures of the rental and all of the surrounding houses and attractions. Some parts of Cape Coma are worse than others. Only one beach over there at the Southeast tip.
Not much of a beach. I never went in that water:
Google Maps

Old 09-11-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhedrick View Post
I think I have been talked out of moving to the CC area. My husband is stuck on the idea of moving to FLorida. He lived there as a young boy. Looking a little more north of Tampa or Punta Gorda but I don't know. All I know is I have to find somewhere soon! Thank you all for you info and assistance
Arrowhedrick, If you are still interested... there is an opening for a machinist in Venice FL on craigslist today.
Skilled/Experienced Machinist (http://sarasota.craigslist.org/mnu/1369511220.html - broken link)

Old 09-17-2009, 07:27 AM

10 posts, read 27,665 times
Default Realistic Info Appreciated

Appreciated all of your info and frankness. We do not plan to move until we do more research, visit the area and find jobs. My husband works at Lowe's and is hoping to make a lateral transfer when we decide to move so he will at least have a job. Our hope is that he can transfer with Lowe's, get a Florida DL and then find a landscape management position. We understand that may or may not happen, especially if there are hundreds of applicants, but he can always stay at Lowe's. At this point, we may just try to purchase a house in SW Florida and use it for a vacation/2nd home or try to rent it until our son graduates from high school. Thanks again for your input.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren514 View Post
Appreciated all of your info and frankness. We do not plan to move until we do more research, visit the area and find jobs. My husband works at Lowe's and is hoping to make a lateral transfer when we decide to move so he will at least have a job. Our hope is that he can transfer with Lowe's, get a Florida DL and then find a landscape management position. We understand that may or may not happen, especially if there are hundreds of applicants, but he can always stay at Lowe's. At this point, we may just try to purchase a house in SW Florida and use it for a vacation/2nd home or try to rent it until our son graduates from high school. Thanks again for your input.
bren, how common are transfers, and how far up in the company would someone have to be?

Old 09-18-2009, 04:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,998 times
Default kayaking

Hi,
My husband and I are thinking about moving to Cape Coral. We like to kayak and would like to get a place on the water. I would think that with all of the water down there, kayaking would be a big thing, but we don't see too much on it. Are there any kayakers here with any info for us?
Thanks,
Sue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area