Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 09:11 PM

63 posts, read 248,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, I agree! Very nice beach.

Barefoot Beach is in Bonita Springs, although it is in Collier County.

Edit: Oops! Just saw Jim's post above. Guess I won't post a comment about Lover's Key now!

If you live in Naples, you can get a beach sticker. Otherwise you might have to pay $6 to enter the parking lot by car.

Another nice beach in Lee County is Bowman's Beach on Sanibel Island. However, there's no reason for anyone living in Naples or Bonita to travel all the way there.

There are no beaches that I know of with mountains in Florida. So I can't recommend them to you. Seriously, the most beautiful beach I've ever seen was in Hawaii, but I like the Gulf of Mexico much better, since it's a lot safer. (as long as you use common sense)
Yes, the Sanibel and Captiva beaches are beautiful. We go there but it is only because we might be out on the boat and just feel like stopping there.

Which beach in Hawaii? I was just on the Big Island last summer and saw some really neat and amazing beaches there. I also saw some beautiful ones on Maui. Some of the waves I saw (like on the east side of the Big Island by the Lava Flows) were amazingly huge when they hit the cliffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 09:20 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim09091 View Post
Yes, the Sanibel and Captiva beaches are beautiful. We go there but it is only because we might be out on the boat and just feel like stopping there.

Which beach in Hawaii? I was just on the Big Island last summer and saw some really neat and amazing beaches there. I also saw some beautiful ones on Maui. Some of the waves I saw (like on the east side of the Big Island by the Lava Flows) were amazingly huge when they hit the cliffs.
I haven't been to Hawaii in 20 years, so I can't remember the name. I only recall driving around and getting lost. Then I came across a gorgeous beach that was deserted. It was near a sugar cane field. There were signs warning people not to swim because of the dangerous undercurrent. I visited Maui, the Big Island, Kauai and Honolulu (Oahu) but, if I could do it over again, I probably would only stay on 2 islands. I wasted a lot of time packing & unpacking, checking in & out of hotels, boarding & deplaning, and waiting for my rental car. ...and that was before all the added security.

I want to add that, although Honolulu was very crowded and touristy, I took a bus to the other side of the Oahu and there was a very nice beach at the far end next to a resort. I can't remember that name either. Sorry.

(I just deleted some stuff I wrote about beaches in other countries, since I was going way off-topic.)

Last edited by justNancy; 02-02-2009 at 09:28 PM..

Old 02-16-2009, 08:02 AM

28 posts, read 52,504 times
There a lot of beaches in Collier County that probablly aren't that far from your home.

The best beach, in my opinion, in Collier County is South Marco Beach on Marco Island. Beautiful shells everywhere, long luxurious beach, and beautiful water.

Another beach on Marco Island is Tigertail beach, but be warned for Tigertail you have to cross a lagoon-like marsh to get to the actual beach.

Clam Pass is a very nice beach, the beach is a little short, however the water is crystal clear, and there is a boardwalk with different species of mangrove. The walk can get long, its about a quarter mile, but they have little trams that will take you there and I think it's worth it.

And then you have Delnor-Wiggins State Park. Very good for fishing but very natural which can be a good or bad thing depending on your view. By "natural" I mean since it's a state park developers cannot build on it so there are a lot of random trees and plants.

Naples Pier is a landmark in the actual city of Naples. It's a very long dock that extends out into the Gulf of Mexico. It's a very beautiful place to watch the sunset. It is somewhat hard to find since in my opinon Naples streets are difficult to navigate however it is very worth it.

Other beaches I haven't been able to check out yet in Collier are:
Vanderbilt Beach
Barefoot Beach (In Bonita Springs but still in Collier County technically)
North Gulfshore Blvd Beach
Lowdermilk Beach Park

I'm pretty sure there is a nother public access beach on Marco Island and there might be more beaches in the county. What I love about the beaches here is that each is different and has something unique to offer so have fun exploring what is in your own backyard.

Last edited by FLGulfcoaster; 02-16-2009 at 09:21 AM..

Old 04-18-2016, 03:13 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,837,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGulfcoaster View Post
There a lot of beaches in Collier County that probablly aren't that far from your home.

The best beach, in my opinion, in Collier County is South Marco Beach on Marco Island. Beautiful shells everywhere, long luxurious beach, and beautiful water.

Another beach on Marco Island is Tigertail beach, but be warned for Tigertail you have to cross a lagoon-like marsh to get to the actual beach.

Clam Pass is a very nice beach, the beach is a little short, however the water is crystal clear, and there is a boardwalk with different species of mangrove. The walk can get long, its about a quarter mile, but they have little trams that will take you there and I think it's worth it.

And then you have Delnor-Wiggins State Park. Very good for fishing but very natural which can be a good or bad thing depending on your view. By "natural" I mean since it's a state park developers cannot build on it so there are a lot of random trees and plants.

Naples Pier is a landmark in the actual city of Naples. It's a very long dock that extends out into the Gulf of Mexico. It's a very beautiful place to watch the sunset. It is somewhat hard to find since in my opinon Naples streets are difficult to navigate however it is very worth it.

Other beaches I haven't been able to check out yet in Collier are:
Vanderbilt Beach
Barefoot Beach (In Bonita Springs but still in Collier County technically)
North Gulfshore Blvd Beach
Lowdermilk Beach Park

I'm pretty sure there is a nother public access beach on Marco Island and there might be more beaches in the county. What I love about the beaches here is that each is different and has something unique to offer so have fun exploring what is in your own backyard.

I heard the water quality is not too good at Ft Myers Beach. I hope Sanibel and Captiva are nice as we will be in that area end of May........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area