Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2009, 03:04 AM

33 posts, read 120,700 times

Advertisements

We own a vacation home in Cape Coral. We need a cell phone. What is the best and cheapest option in this region? Which prepaid provider will only expire after one year and not in 60 days?

We want to keep the number as long as we need.

Need some advice on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 11:30 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
I have a AT&T prepaid. I pay $25 every 90 days. I do know that they sell a yearly card also. I believe Alltel and Verison also has a prepaid plan.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:08 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,283,678 times
I picked up a Virgin pay as you go phone at my corner gas station, I think it was $90 and good for the year. Only have it 6 months now, so still testing.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:54 PM

181 posts, read 453,514 times
Default Pay As You Go

I 'm in a similar position living in South Africa. I'm with T Mobile and after buying your first $100.00 you are a-for-a-way for 1 year plus you get 15% discount on your calls. visit their website.

You may find this usefull: Included with every T-Mobile Prepaid plan:
  • Nationwide long distance (including calls to Alaska and Hawaii).
  • Nationwide roaming on the T-Mobile USA Network.
  • t-zones* (browsing for HiFi Ringers®, MegaTones®, wallpapers, and more)*.
  • VoiceMail, caller ID, call waiting, three-way calling**.
  • E-mail address (10digitnumber@tmomail.net).
*t-zones not available on all devices.
**Airtime rates apply to voicemail retrieval, each call during a conference call, and call waiting.
Additional services for your T-Mobile Prepaid plan+
  • Text messaging (10¢ to send, 5¢ to receive, except for Sidekick plan).
  • Picture messaging (25¢ to send and receive).
  • Ringtones and wallpaper (prices vary).
  • Games and applications (prices vary).
  • 411 & More directory assistance ($1.79 per call plus airtime).
  • International dialing to over 150 countries (international rates (http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/prepaidrates.aspx - broken link) apply).

Old 04-06-2009, 08:20 PM

41 posts, read 148,424 times
I have Metro PCS They have plans ranging from 35 to 50 a month. You get texting, unlimited long distance, internet, pictures, and it works good from here. If you travel it sucks because there are ALOT of places you can't call from. As long as you are only using it here in this area you can talk anywhere for as long as you want anytime of day. I never leave FT Myers so it is perfect for me. Also they don't require any contracts.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:18 AM

8 posts, read 21,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krktoday View Post
I have Metro PCS They have plans ranging from 35 to 50 a month. You get texting, unlimited long distance, internet, pictures, and it works good from here. If you travel it sucks because there are ALOT of places you can't call from. As long as you are only using it here in this area you can talk anywhere for as long as you want anytime of day. I never leave FT Myers so it is perfect for me. Also they don't require any contracts.
Sounds like a good plan. We are from Canada and looked into Metro PCS to use when we are in Florida. Is the unlimited long distance - international - that is would it be for Canada as well.?

Old 04-08-2009, 11:21 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,930,164 times
Family just visited me from Ireland, and got a mobile phone from T-Mobile for $20 (it was a very basic Nokia phone), and purchased minutes for around $35. It was a very easy process.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:08 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,894,623 times
Virgin from Walmart. About $20.00 at the time.

One plan is 6.95 per month and your calls cost you 8 cents per minute out of the 6.95 you pay. I only use it when I'm on the road.

Otherwise you can pay zero per month and more per call.

You do have to "top off" with 20.00 every 3 months if you just let it sit there so I make the few long distance calls that I have on the cell.

I only bought it when I was driving down to FL in 2004 and ended up keeping it. There may be better deals I don't know.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:50 AM

4 posts, read 7,245 times
Now it is so easy to make your own ringtones. All we need is to select our favourtie MP3 song, and upload it on AAfter Search by typing 'ringtone:' (without quotes) in the search box. It will split the MP3 into 20 secs ringtones. Select the interesting section of the song/music from 20 secs segments. Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area