Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:29 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Of the dozen or so that I've known to move "back" north, they have all moved "back" south.

I hope you find what your looking for.
But, but....

They are leaving in droves people think.

The numbers are clear, those who move away and come back far outnumber those who do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 02:30 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
But, but....

They are leaving in droves people think.

The numbers are clear, those who move away and come back far outnumber those who do not.
Where is this study?

Old 04-21-2009, 02:37 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,508,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Where is this study?
Probably from the voices in the head that just won't stop talking

By the way, the pic of the pool with Santa Claus was a well- taken picture.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:53 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,654,155 times
RAIN. I miss RAIN. Putting aside snow, the planet needs precipitation in some form or an other to survive, no matter how much you like sunshine and the beach. I cannot stand months on end with no rain. Blazing endless sun. My lake is about 6 feet from its banks. UGLY. I want RAIN. Drippy, cloudly, rainy days. We have to wait for RAINY season in Florida. Then you get torrential downpours which last about hour an hour and flood the roadways. Thanks, but no thanks. I would much rather have a YEAR ROUND persistent rainfall that these sporadic downpours.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:01 PM

1,380 posts, read 5,926,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
RAIN. I miss RAIN. Putting aside snow, the planet needs precipitation in some form or an other to survive, no matter how much you like sunshine and the beach. I cannot stand months on end with no rain. Blazing endless sun. My lake is about 6 feet from its banks. UGLY. I want RAIN. Drippy, cloudly, rainy days. We have to wait for RAINY season in Florida. Then you get torrential downpours which last about hour an hour and flood the roadways. Thanks, but no thanks. I would much rather have a YEAR ROUND persistent rainfall that these sporadic downpours.
You just like to rain on anyones pro Florida parade

Old 04-21-2009, 03:36 PM

Default Need rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBob View Post
You just like to rain on anyones pro Florida parade
No state, country, or the plant can survive without precipatation, even if it is bad for Florida's image or your business.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:56 PM

515 posts, read 1,589,792 times
I've got millions of pic's, hobby of mine. I'll look for a few more nice ones to lure more people down with.
I hate those cold dreary rainy dayz up north, they seem to go on for ever! Everyone gets sick and cabin fever sets in pretty quick. Yea, your right, my lake is down about 5 feet also. Sorry only 3 months of warm beach weather wasn't enough for us. There were about 2 weeks when i had to wear long pants down here due to chilly weather this winter if i recall correctly. Shorts and flip flops year round, well almost. Going to Aruba next winter if it gets chilly again, for 2 weeks.
some warm pic's.....

sitting on the beach at DOCS RESTAURANT, in Bonita watching the sunset.

a pic of DOCS from the beach.
(most of these pic's were shot with my iphone, quality is ok. The others are shot with my Nikon

Cars do not rust down here like up north.......

People sit here on Sanibel Island beach every day of the year, might have a towel wrapped around them some dayz...

February 1st we were swimming. I did have to turn on the pool heater before hand, water was 65, got it up to 88. (only for visiting family and friends) can you tell the northerners with the long pants on!

the new Sanibel causeway. Look at that water!

Sanibels lighthouse

why we live here!

Old 04-21-2009, 04:12 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,508,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjstrain View Post
I've got millions of pic's, hobby of mine. I'll look for a few more nice ones to lure more people down with.
I hate those cold dreary rainy dayz up north, they seem to go on for ever! Everyone gets sick and cabin fever sets in pretty quick. Yea, your right, my lake is down about 5 feet also. Sorry only 3 months of warm beach weather wasn't enough for us. There were about 2 weeks when i had to wear long pants down here due to chilly weather this winter if i recall correctly. Shorts and flip flops year round, well almost. Going to Aruba next winter if it gets chilly again, for 2 weeks.
some warm pic's.....

sitting on the beach at DOCS RESTAURANT, in Bonita watching the sunset.

a pic of DOCS from the beach.
(most of these pic's were shot with my iphone, quality is ok. The others are shot with my Nikon

Cars do not rust down here like up north.......

People sit here on Sanibel Island beach every day of the year, might have a towel wrapped around them some dayz...

February 1st we were swimming. I did have to turn on the pool heater before hand, water was 65, got it up to 88. (only for visiting family and friends) can you tell the northerners with the long pants on!

the new Sanibel causeway. Look at that water!

Sanibels lighthouse

why we live here!
One man's garbage is another man's treasure!

We all like different things. The weirdest CMas I ever had was in Sydney, Australia where they barely even celebrate the day & it was 96 degrees

Pics are nice to view. The one with Santa Claus & the pool is a great one.

Did they tear down the old Sanibel Causeway after the new one was completed?

Living in SWFL was not my cup of tea, but driving over the causeway after being annoyed about the $6 fee was always a treat. Beautiful drive. I'd take FL from Feb- midApril & then move back to what is home to me.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:17 PM

I suppose I am strange but I could never be a snowbird. I like the Fall and Winter too much. If I HAD to come here at all, it would be in the SUMMER when it is Summer everywhere. Just a matter of degree.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:18 PM

1,380 posts, read 5,926,587 times
tjstrain, thanks for reminding me of Docs. When I lived in Naples Docs was one of my favorite places.

I now hang out in Venice and walk to Sharkys for a Sunday bloody mary.

The walk is fun and I just love the way the beach changes.

I can't be on the water enough and love fishin

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area