Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 04:18 AM

917 posts, read 2,615,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinga View Post
Apparently, Fort Myers is a much bigger place to explore by bike than I originally thought. But I will be eventually going back to Fort Myers, and this time I will rent a faster bike and explore much more of Fort Myers, perhaps even including Harlem Heights and hopefully all of the other neighborhoods that I missed the first time. But one thing is for sure; due to my great experiences, Fort Myers is now my official future home city. And so what if there are a few African American and hispanic people living in Fort Myers? As long as they treat me well, race means nothing.
Boinga, I know I'll be looking forward to any reports from your next visit. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 07:06 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,728,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy-105 View Post
Boinga, I know I'll be looking forward to any reports from your next visit. Good luck!
Maybe there has been no further report from him 'cause his faster bike wasnt fast enough........

Or perhaps he reconsidered his intinerary based upon the opinions in this thread......

Or he may have gotten lost while exploring in some other exotic location.......

YC.......

Old 02-07-2010, 12:59 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
It's official. Tommy, if he went so far as to start up this thread, you really DO
have too much time on your hands.

Boinga, or tvgft, or whatever names Jim has created, will be back. Another one with too much time, but for far different reasons.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:40 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinga View Post
Apparently, Fort Myers is a much bigger place to explore by bike than I originally thought. But I will be eventually going back to Fort Myers, and this time I will rent a faster bike and explore much more of Fort Myers, perhaps even including Harlem Heights and hopefully all of the other neighborhoods that I missed the first time. But one thing is for sure; due to my great experiences, Fort Myers is now my official future home city. And so what if there are a few African American and hispanic people living in Fort Myers? As long as they treat me well, race means nothing.
Race means nothing to me either, but some of where you are "exploring" you better get a really fast bike, or you will be walking without it....LOL....

Old 03-18-2010, 03:19 PM

2 posts, read 1,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Race means nothing to me either, but some of where you are "exploring" you better get a really fast bike, or you will be walking without it....LOL....
There is actually no way he can get back into the Dunbar/Franklin Park area anymore. Especially since there were no less than 7 airliners shot down over that area in October and November 2009, including a particularly terrible incident when Mars Airlines flight 6561, enroute to Chile, which was an Airbus A-390 (a Superjumbo jet, 5 engines!), was shot down over Dunbar on October 13th, 2009, killing all 796 on board. According to witnesses, someone in Dunbar fired a home made rocket propelled grenade into the air, which struck the air craft just left of the main fuselage. The explosion blew the entire left wing completely off the aircraft, causing the aircraft to do a 100-120 degree barrel roll in mid air and a subsequent cartwheel into the ground, and it's wreckage crashed down Stella and Katherine streets from east of Broadway to just short of Cleveland, killing 37 people on the ground, and destroying 62 homes, 2 apartment buildings, and also damaging 93 other homes, and even a church. And in fact, the following authorities were alerted about it; the FAA, the TSA, the FBI, the Florida Army National Guard, the Lee County Sheriff, and the Fort Myers Police. And then on November 29th 2009, several suspects, reportedly wearing black ski masks, were confronted about the shootdown of Mars Airlines flight 6561, which resulted in a shootout on Martin Luther King blvd and Fowler street which resulted in the deaths of 11 Fort Myers police officers, as well as 6 Lee County SWAT officers and 4 FBI special agents. The incidents resulted in a huge quarantine of all neighborhoods bordered by Cleveland Avenue on the west, Colonial blvd on the south, I-75 on the east, and the Caloosahatchee River on the north. Nobody is allowed anymore to cross into or out of that area, as it has been classified as a "critically dangerous area to all persons." Therefore, if the OP really does return to Fort Myers, he will not even be allowed to go into that area. In addition, all aircraft are prohibited from flying within; 5 miles if lower than 10,000 feet, 15 miles if between 10,000 and 20,000 feet, and 30 miles from 20,000 feet or higher. Even space shuttles and other space craft are discouraged from flying over the Dunbar area.

Last edited by hiknapster junior; 03-18-2010 at 04:15 PM..

Old 03-18-2010, 07:07 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster junior View Post
There is actually no way he can get back into the Dunbar/Franklin Park area anymore. Especially since there were no less than 7 airliners shot down over that area in October and November 2009, including a particularly terrible incident when Mars Airlines flight 6561, enroute to Chile, which was an Airbus A-390 (a Superjumbo jet, 5 engines!), was shot down over Dunbar on October 13th, 2009, killing all 796 on board. According to witnesses, someone in Dunbar fired a home made rocket propelled grenade into the air, which struck the air craft just left of the main fuselage. The explosion blew the entire left wing completely off the aircraft, causing the aircraft to do a 100-120 degree barrel roll in mid air and a subsequent cartwheel into the ground, and it's wreckage crashed down Stella and Katherine streets from east of Broadway to just short of Cleveland, killing 37 people on the ground, and destroying 62 homes, 2 apartment buildings, and also damaging 93 other homes, and even a church. And in fact, the following authorities were alerted about it; the FAA, the TSA, the FBI, the Florida Army National Guard, the Lee County Sheriff, and the Fort Myers Police. And then on November 29th 2009, several suspects, reportedly wearing black ski masks, were confronted about the shootdown of Mars Airlines flight 6561, which resulted in a shootout on Martin Luther King blvd and Fowler street which resulted in the deaths of 11 Fort Myers police officers, as well as 6 Lee County SWAT officers and 4 FBI special agents. The incidents resulted in a huge quarantine of all neighborhoods bordered by Cleveland Avenue on the west, Colonial blvd on the south, I-75 on the east, and the Caloosahatchee River on the north. Nobody is allowed anymore to cross into or out of that area, as it has been classified as a "critically dangerous area to all persons." Therefore, if the OP really does return to Fort Myers, he will not even be allowed to go into that area. In addition, all aircraft are prohibited from flying within; 5 miles if lower than 10,000 feet, 15 miles if between 10,000 and 20,000 feet, and 30 miles from 20,000 feet or higher. Even space shuttles and other space craft are discouraged from flying over the Dunbar area.
yeah, ok.....

Old 03-18-2010, 08:30 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,728,615 times
I think there's enuf "keywords" in that post to have half of homeland security giving it a read thru or two....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area