Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 02:15 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy-105 View Post
hiknapster, In another thread you and another member talked about the Halloween activities in Three Oaks.
Rainbow girl has said (in a different thread) that she was looking for something to do with her young kids on Halloween. Can outsiders just come into the neighborhood to take part in the fun?
ABSOLUTELY! Three Oaks is not gated. The streets just run into the same ones that are in San Carlos. Somehow I missed that thread or I would have told her.

Trick-or-Treating in Three Oaks is one of my best memories. I highly recommend it. And if anyone goes, please let me know if they had the homes all decorated. Many, many of the residents sit outside the house. It's like a big block party. And they really want people to come from all over. Very nice people. I hope to goodness that they are all still there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 02:40 PM

917 posts, read 2,615,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Somehow I missed that thread or I would have told her.
Rainbow girl and another woman from Indiana have a thread in the Sarasota forum. The thread has turned into a big argument about racial issues, and Rainbow girl's posts are getting buried. I'm trying to make amends.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy-105 View Post
Rainbow girl and another woman from Indiana have a thread in the Sarasota forum. The thread has turned into a big argument about racial issues, and Rainbow girl's posts are getting buried. I'm trying to make amends.
If she's up in that area it would be a long drive just to go trick-or-treating in a cool neighborhood. I wouldn't recommend it. I'd suggest it for kids in the Lee County area. Definitely if you are in San Carlos or Estero.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:06 PM

159 posts, read 461,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
no, as long as you are decent people you won't have a problem anywhere, it's people that act like scum that get treated poorly
That's good. We are decent people who keep to ourselves but do have kids that love to play with other children. Just don't want them to be looked down upon. I have applied for an apt. in that zip code so will keep my fingers crossed.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow girl View Post
That's good. We are decent people who keep to ourselves but do have kids that love to play with other children. Just don't want them to be looked down upon. I have applied for an apt. in that zip code so will keep my fingers crossed.
Oh hi, Rainbow Girl! We were just discussing you!

I posted at the same time as you!

Please read the above post.

I don't think it would be worth driving all the way to Three Oaks to go trick-or-treating, but if you can't find a good neighborhood, then go for it!

San Carlos would be very accepting of you!

Old 10-02-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Oh hi, Rainbow Girl! We were just discussing you!

I posted at the same time as you!

Please read the above post.

I don't think it would be worth driving all the way to Three Oaks to go trick-or-treating, but if you can't find a good neighborhood, then go for it!

San Carlos would be very accepting of you!
Looks like we will be living in Fort Myers after all. So where is Three Oaks? Is it a neighborhood? I was hoping to find some kind of a town get together for Halloween. We have trick or treating at our zoo and malls.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Looks like we will be living in Fort Myers after all. So where is Three Oaks? Is it a neighborhood? I was hoping to find some kind of a town get together for Halloween. We have trick or treating at our zoo and malls.
It's just part of San Carlos. It's just the nicer part.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
It's just part of San Carlos. It's just the nicer part.
Thanks for the help. I'm sure once I get down there I can find out about things going on in the community just as I do here. I did look up on the internet and looks like Cape Coral are having hayrides so I might take them there for that. They enjoy things like that.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the help. I'm sure once I get down there I can find out about things going on in the community just as I do here. I did look up on the internet and looks like Cape Coral are having hayrides so I might take them there for that. They enjoy things like that.
That would be a great idea!

Old 10-03-2009, 11:03 AM

I know alot of people on this forum do not know much about apts. but if anyone does, I have narrowed it down to Lakes at College Pointe and Audubon Cove. They both have features that I like and run about the same price so just wondering if anyone knows anything I don't! It's hard to choose from so far away. I have been to Audubon Cove when I visited there earlier this year but have never seen Lakes at College Pointe. I want to live somewhere safe that has a good management team. I have to make a decision soon so please give me your comments. I have searched on line and found out ratings and so forth but would like some first hand experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area