Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:17 AM

32 posts, read 88,492 times

Advertisements

These figures are from 2007: Estimated per capita income in 2007: $73,116

[LEFT]Naples: $73,116Florida: $26,696

If you cross match these figures with the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics at Naples-Marco Island, FL - May 2008 OES Metropolitan and Nonmetropolitan Area Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates They will reveal the mean, median and mode for teachers saleries. You can see that Naples is just like many cities in Florida. They expect our teachers to live in poverty. Naples is a very beautiful place and a lot of fun if you are one of the "haves" the truth is the "have nots," far out number those that can afford to have a nice life there. [/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 05:44 AM

103 posts, read 431,527 times
In response to cps laughter- I am a part time nurse and my husband is a merchandiser for coca cola. We are not "haves" but we manage to live a comfortable life here. 3 or 4 years ago I would have said that it would be impossible for a middle income family to move here and buy a house. I don't believe that to be the case now. Houses are selling at much more reasonable rates- and property taxes are not bad either. Our electric bill goes up some in the summer, but then comes down significantly for the rest of the year. Our vehicle registration is cheap. Our home owners insurance had gone up over the past few years, but after having a wind mitigation inspection, came down by half. My husband and I are both gainfully employed and have decent jobs. I'm not sure I would recommend anyone in this country moving anywhere with out first having a job lined up- but if a job is there, go for it.

Glad I could help the original poster Sunsky?- Best of luck with your move and new jobs. I hope you will be happy here!

Last edited by cicilyb; 08-07-2009 at 06:05 AM..

Old 08-07-2009, 05:46 AM

103 posts, read 431,527 times
something I forgot to put in there- I suspect that the estimated per capita income was probably for Naples city limits and not all of Collier County. Of course I could be wrong.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:33 AM

89 posts, read 280,094 times
Default Cicilyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicilyb View Post
In response to cps laughter- I am a part time nurse and my husband is a merchandiser for coca cola. We are not "haves" but we manage to live a comfortable life here. 3 or 4 years ago I would have said that it would be impossible for a middle income family to move here and buy a house. I don't believe that to be the case now. Houses are selling at much more reasonable rates- and property taxes are not bad either. Our electric bill goes up some in the summer, but then comes down significantly for the rest of the year. Our vehicle registration is cheap. Our home owners insurance had gone up over the past few years, but after having a wind mitigation inspection, came down by half. My husband and I are both gainfully employed and have decent jobs. I'm not sure I would recommend anyone in this country moving anywhere with out first having a job lined up- but if a job is there, go for it.

Glad I could help the original poster Sunsky?- Best of luck with your move and new jobs. I hope you will be happy here!
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area