Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 02:24 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,530,555 times

Advertisements

Just to Clarify.....I'm just outside Buffalo...between Buffalo and Rochester in western NY......hundreds of miles from NYC in the land of snow and cows....more rural. We're less then 35 miles from Canada. NYC scares me.

I just hang out here on the Florida forums to get my "Florida fix" until I live there full time.

Enjoy!! Frank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 02:45 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,654,155 times
Midwest sounds like a whole difference world from the NYC metro area. My older daughter, who lives on the south shore of suffolk county (about 20 miles from NYC), NY, said the rain had changed to snow, but it melted as soon as it hit the ground. My younger daughter, who lives about 10 miles west of her, said all she had was rain.

It has barely gotten below freezing on LI to date. Mostly they have had a lot of RAIN.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:18 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Well, if it's any comfort at all, I asked the woman who owns this house (just renting a room & bath for a month or 2) to please turn on the air conditioning today. I was so hot yesterday that I had the ceiling fan on in the bedroom and another small fan blowing on me and was dreaming of snow.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:19 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,530,555 times
Nancy,
There is 3 ft in my driveway right now......you are welcome to all of it. It's 12 degrees now, so it won't melt on you.

Gotta go snowblow again......enjoy!!

Frank

Old 12-11-2009, 07:26 AM

1,210 posts, read 3,282,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoolmrcool28 View Post
Sounds like your getting now what we got yesterday, nothing like wind blowing down from Canada....I hate Canada, its cold there and they think it's good to share with us The midwest gets it way worse then the east coast, my daughter lives in NYC and says winter there is nothing compared to the great white way (Wisconsin)

Good for you Frank!! keep counting, It will come soon Mr.Cool
hey, we wear the arctic winds down for you before they get to you!

perhaps you may wish to become an ex-officio member of

"Canadians for global warming"

Old 12-11-2009, 08:11 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroeran View Post

Yeah. I thought about you. Our news stops at the Canadian border. Did you get slammed, too?

Old 12-11-2009, 10:12 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,872,864 times
After spending a month in our Cape Coral home.....got back to NH just in time for the storm......put the plow on the dodge went out all day and part of the night....had to help out a friend a mile up a mountain dirt road...howling wind,blowing snow,ice,,AARRRGGHHHH

Old 12-11-2009, 10:57 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroeran View Post

Oh ya, I'm signing up!!! Will I have to say ay after every sentence?? Do I get a membership card or a badge or something? What do we do for our Christmas party? Will we all get a lump of coal in our skockings from the good folks in Copenhagen??? Maybe we can gather them all together and start a nice warm CO2 burning fire...Sounds like a great time ay?

Old 12-11-2009, 02:58 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Well, I guess the expression about the grass is always greener is very appropriate here. I realize I'd be very uncomfortable until my body adjusted to the cold, but I wish it was a little cooler in Naples. It's almost Christmas and the forecast is 84 degrees on Saturday.

Ut oh. I better get off this thread. I see what's comin' LOL

http://bestsmileys.com/shooting1/12.gif (broken link)

Seriously, it depends on your situation. One of my favorite weeks was living in a highrise in Brookline MA during the blizzard of 1978. When I lived in a mobile home in NH it wasn't as much fun.

When I was a skier, I used to pray for snow. Years later I couldn't wait to take a vacation to Aruba or another warm & sunny place.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:03 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,930,136 times
Pssshhhaw....anybody can stand it for a week!! Try 50 years!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area