Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 12:16 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerBoyle View Post
That's one of the silliest things I've ever read.

He should be "ashamed"?
Glad you enjoyed reading my post so much. I like bringing laughter into someone's life. Yes, especially if he has 4 children and is teaching them about acceptance and tolerance. BTW, there is a lot of White trash in Florida.

I was the first person on the board to defend his request, so stop being such a wiseguy. Oh, by the way, when I have hate in my heart, I feel ashamed. I guess it depends on your values. Maybe you find that to be humorous as well? However, since this isn't the religion or political forum, I guess any further discussion about this subject would be inappropriate.

Last edited by justNancy; 12-14-2009 at 12:46 AM.. Reason: edited post to follow TOS

Old 12-14-2009, 03:52 AM

317 posts, read 772,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Glad you enjoyed reading my post so much. I like bringing laughter into someone's life. Yes, especially if he has 4 children and is teaching them about acceptance and tolerance. BTW, there is a lot of White trash in Florida.

I was the first person on the board to defend his request, so stop being such a wiseguy. Oh, by the way, when I have hate in my heart, I feel ashamed. I guess it depends on your values. Maybe you find that to be humorous as well? However, since this isn't the religion or political forum, I guess any further discussion about this subject would be inappropriate.
Do you think people should feel ashamed about ALL hate? I personally think there is some pretty justifiable hate out there and don't feel ashamed about some of the hate I carry.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:51 AM

76 posts, read 228,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakinMama View Post
Do you think people should feel ashamed about ALL hate? I personally think there is some pretty justifiable hate out there and don't feel ashamed about some of the hate I carry.
There's nothing in that man's post about hating anyone--all it said was that he was looking to relocate to a white neighborhood.

So....if a white man wishes to keep his household in a white neighborhood, does that automatically mean that he's completely intolerant of all other races/ethnic groups or whatever?

I don't think so.

How hypocritical.

In our PC society, it has become standard practice to jump to conclusions and immediately stamp out the ultimate sin of alleged/perceived white prejudice and/or ill will towards minorities whether it's there or not.

We've become prejudiced and intolerant towards prejudice in general....as long as it's directed towards white people.

It's okay to be strong and proud of who and what you are....just as long as you're not talking about being white.

It breaks down like this:

1. If you're Jewish, then it's about religion.
2. If you're Latino, then it's about pride.
3. If you're Black, then it's about history.
4. It you're Asian, then it's about culture.
5. But, if you're white...then it's about racism.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:53 AM

Quote:

See my post to BakinMama above for details.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:07 AM

317 posts, read 772,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerBoyle View Post
There's nothing in that man's post about hating anyone--all it said was that he was looking to relocate to a white neighborhood.

So....if a white man wishes to keep his household in a white neighborhood, does that automatically mean that he's completely intolerant of all other races/ethnic groups or whatever?

I don't think so.

How hypocritical.

In our PC society, it has become standard practice to jump to conclusions and immediately stamp out the ultimate sin of alleged/perceived white prejudice and/or ill will towards minorities whether it's there or not.

We've become prejudiced and intolerant towards prejudice in general....as long as it's directed towards white people.

It's okay to be strong and proud of who and what you are....just as long as you're not talking about being white.

It breaks down like this:

1. If you're Jewish, then it's about religion.
2. If you're Latino, then it's about pride.
3. If you're Black, then it's about history.
4. It you're Asian, then it's about culture.
5. But, if you're white...then it's about racism.

Personally, I don't care if he was questioning in an innocent way or if he is racist. I also would like to live in a predominantly white neighborhood, but I don't consider myself racist. As it turns out, we live in a pretty culturally diverse neighborhood and are surrounded by Spanish, Black, German, Indian, White people who I would imagine are also pretty religiously diverse.

I personally think some hate is justifiable and that some people DON'T feel ashamed about it and there isn't anything wrong with it, which is why I questioned Nancy's statement.

Old 12-14-2009, 05:45 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,770,980 times
Holy crap. I just left Fort Myers off metro 4 months ago and could not wait to get out of the hood there. I am white, worked and lived amongst 80% black 15% hispanic(I myself am half hispanic) and 5% white. I never felt comfortable when I had to go out on a call at night in there. It's not a racial thing AT ALL, I just did not fit in there. I also didn't like worrying about my truck missing in the morning, or my apartment getting broken into. Which happened there every 5 times IN THE DAYTIME!!!! I kid you not. People smoking pot out in the breezeways all day, they don't work and sit out in the hallway all day throwing trash all over because they have NO CLASS. Selling drugs right in front of me when I was sitting in my truck in the parking lot. So why is it not ok to want to live in a "white" area? I do now, in Estero, and I NEVER feel unsafe.... I hated living in Fort Myers. I didn't feel unsafe in Cape Coral either. But that apartment complex off Metro I could not wait to get out of.

Because you want to live with your race of people DOES NOT MAKE YOU A BIGOT... Geez People. I have friends black, hispanic, whatever... Like I said my grandfathers parents are from Spain, I am hispanic. I have been offended before when a co worker said once she could not stand "spanish people they are nasty". I said " well you must no like me either, I am half", yeah it was great to see her turn red and could not talk....

Old 12-14-2009, 10:53 AM

301 posts, read 1,154,081 times
Why does everything have to be about race???? Move on people. This thread should be closed.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:36 AM

1,210 posts, read 3,283,678 times
referring to race just stirs up a pot of trouble unnecessarily, this thread being proof positive

though you may think certain things (whether or not they are true for your particular experience), you certainly don't say them in a public forum

the OP could have just said "low crime"

compassion always trumps pointless or hurtful honesty

as a general rule, referring to race in one's normal discourse is a sign of classlessness

the moderator must be on vacation again

Old 12-14-2009, 11:42 AM

1,210 posts, read 3,283,678 times
Quote:
Because he lives there and most of his posts promote the community. .
10% of my posts, tops : - )

its a vacation home at this point...would move there post retirement if I could get the health insurance worked out

while we are on the topic, here is another lovely picture of Paseo....

we are on a pool quad as per below, which is great for waddling out your back door with a martini

unfortuneately, I have no financial interest in pushing these units (though not for want of trying!)

Old 12-14-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kroeran View Post
referring to race just stirs up a pot of trouble unnecessarily, this thread being proof positive

though you may think certain things (whether or not they are true for your particular experience), you certainly don't say them in a public forum

the OP could have just said "low crime"

compassion always trumps pointless or hurtful honesty

as a general rule, referring to race in one's normal discourse is a sign of classlessness

the moderator must be on vacation again
I've noticed that this is a common theme with you--

You'd rather just stick your head in the sand and pretend that the problem doesn't exist rather than confront the problem head on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area