Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2010, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 8,809 times

Advertisements

Hi all
First time post, I'm hoping to find someone familiar with the gated community of Bella Vida and NE Cape.
I'm considering the purchase of a townhome there, actually very close to closing. It has a CDD as well as a HOA, how are the associations? Are you happy with them, do they provide value for your money? How does the future look? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Subcraftpilot
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 10:57 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Default Still waiting?

I guess nobody has any information about this community. I didn't know it has a CDD. Thanks. None of the listings I've seen mention it, only that it has a low HOA fee. Of course, with a CDD, "low HOA fee" doesn't mean too much. 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

I only know they've dropped in price by over 50% like most properties on the Cape, since they were originally constructed. Hard to tell what the prices are, since some "short sales" are listed for $85,000 but the same size townhouse is listed for $109,000 as a "bank approved short sale." I suppose upgrades and view can add to the cost, but $24,000 is a big difference.

Funny, I guess you need to do your research with anything you buy. I've been to 4 tire shops and can't get the same information or the same quote, and then I get online, read reviews and some are so negative, I want to start all over again. However, if you need to replace your tires, you might end up spending $500 or $600. If you need to replace your home, that's a whole different ball game. Although I've always said "I'll never buy a townhouse" because I hate noise, the houses I've been seeing will always require a lot of upkeep, and I'm not sure I'm up to it.

I came across your thread because I was Googling for information and I'm a regular City-Data member, so I thought I'd post. Hope someone here can help.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:07 AM

1 posts, read 7,433 times
Default Old thread, but here is the answer

Most times if you want to know if there is a CDD assessment on a given parcel, the tax collector website will likely give you your answer. In the case of Lee County, go to the Tax Collector site, do a search by whatever you like (address is pretty easy to type in) and then when you get the record pulled click on whatever you need to see the breakdown of the taxes. For instance, in the case of one of the Bella Vida units, the total taxes are $2,672.96, but when you look at the breakdown the CDD component of that total is $726.79. You can use this in pretty much every county tax assessor that I've come across. Because CDDs are treated as a tax, you can always get the answer eventually. It is public record.

From what I can see, Bella Vida Townhomes are $726.79 on the CDD, and $1,118.14 on the Single Families.

The_Analyst

Old 09-09-2011, 11:16 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,548,914 times
If you are buying there, I would recommend getting a copy of the HOA documents and ask for a financial report as well. That way you will know what the HOA has in reserves and what the HOA fees are being spent on.

The only thing I could find on the community is that it is a gated community that includes landscaping cable TV, ground maintenance, trash removal, water/sewer. There is a clubhouse, community park, community pool, exercise room, play area, sidewalks, streetlights, underground utilities, tennis, volleyball, basketball, baseball, soccer, bbq and picnic area. It is located in North Cape Coral off of DelPrado Ext. It has single family homes and townhomes developed by D.R. Horton. The community also has small lakes and wetlands.

Web link: http://www.internest.com/drhortonswfl/index.asp

Old 09-09-2011, 05:46 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
I drive by it all the time. It looks like a nice place, but I've never heard anything about it. What's a CDD??

Old 09-10-2011, 12:03 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
The OP posted once in Feb 2010 and hasn't returned to City-Data.

Anyway, a CDD is a Community Development District. The fee is to pay for sidewalks and other common facilities within the community. It's sort of like getting a sewer assessment, since it's added to your property tax over a number of years until paid. The County Commissioners set fees and issue a bond which the residents end up paying for, often until they die. Some people don't mind the extra cost, some do. They vary depending on the development. AFAIK, a homeowner can choose to pay off the assessment in full at any time.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:26 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,261,770 times
Thanks, Nancy. I appreciate the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area