U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-12-2010, 10:36 PM

12 posts, read 19,265 times
Default Comcast - Italian channel

Hi everyone.

Just a quick question for anyone living in Naples, and has Comcast: Can you get Italian TV channels with Comcast here? I had Comcast in NYC several years ago, but now that I moved to Naples I wanted to get the Italian channel RAI, but it seems they do not offer it. It does not make much sense to me, since I see many older generation Italians here, and it is a pretty popular one. The only international channel Comcast apparently offers is in German and Spanish.

I called the RAI network and several different people there told me that Comcast does offer it in SW Florida (with the channel numbers too), and that the Comcast people don't know what they are talking about - which unfortunately I have also experienced, no offense to anyone working for Comcast, though, I don't want to generalize.

Since the Comcast TV guide does not list anything, I guess they are not offered in Naples, which seems a pretty narrow choice of international programming - only 2 languages.

So, besides Dish Network, does anyone here have, or know how to get the italian TV channel RAI in Naples?

Thanks in advance!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 10:47 PM

21,596 posts, read 29,623,312 times
Older generation Italians in swFlorida? Really? I've never met any in the 10 years that I lived there. My husband's family lived there for 30 years and never met any, either. It's a shame, though. I'm from the northeast and you can't find nicer folks, but most of the international people that I met down there were from Germany and Great Britain. The US folks were from Michigan and Ohio.

I don't ever remember an Italian Channel. Maybe on the other coast, but not in Lee and Collier Counties. No.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area