Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2018, 05:40 AM

25,728 posts, read 12,800,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStation46 View Post
Quito is off the beaten path, and not along the main highway where the drugs and crime is more prevalent.

Quito is also has a large American ex-pat population (inthe Thousands), so they look out for one anouther.

I don't know this for certain, but I think its safe to say that Ecuador has some ofthe lowest serious crime rates in Central and South America.

Lastly, I could post links here from 20+ publications listing Ecuador as one of the top 10 places to retire outside the U.S.

The Ecuadorean people are very friendly to Americans, and are passive in nature.

Great weather, and cheap to live too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 05:49 AM

25,728 posts, read 12,800,389 times
I just Googled "safest cities in South America" and Quito popped up in the top 10!

Also, I went to wikipedia to look at crime in Central and South America, and Ecuador isnt listed as a high crime County here's that link...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_..._Latin_America

Here's what USA Today says about Quito Ecaudor stating its mostly petty theft...

https://traveltips.usatoday.com/safe...ador-1539.html

I'll be going there in the next year or two (its on my bucket list). I'll provide a full report unpon my return.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:54 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,754,485 times
It's near the end of November and we had 2 low to mid 40's mornings in a row.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:18 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
It's near the end of November and we had 2 low to mid 40's mornings in a row.

and you're back to the 80's the next day

Old 11-29-2018, 06:14 PM

2,128 posts, read 2,355,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Thanks, we'll stick to the Canadian State Dept notice that was posted instead of Wikipedia when it comes to safety.

Have a great trip

Old 11-29-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
and you're back to the 80's the next day
I know, can't wait to go to the beach this weekend! Love it here!!

Old 11-29-2018, 06:39 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
I know, can't wait to go to the beach this weekend! Love it here!!

In that polluted cesspool of an ocean???? .. wheres the puke emoji!?!?!?

Old 12-02-2018, 09:39 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,215,585 times
No one has had a rebuttal to sourbottom’s latest comment. We all know she has a point to a degree. Hopefully the way a free market economy is suppose to work will get this sorted out no matter who is in office. The brand of Florida has been hurt badly the past few years and it’s gotten bad enough that people can’t look the other way or deny anymore.

Coming from a place like Illinois where I grew up and in the immediate Chicagoland area, you expected pollution and very little real nature but now here in Florida too? How sad. Now everyone wanted their piece of paradise and as a result 20 million plus people stress the natural environment.

Until we completely ban all fertizlers and correct the Lake O releases the problem will only get worse. I have hope eventually the free market will decide a nice green fake lawn is worth less then a house with a yellow lawn but free of any red tide or algae. (Only yellow during the dry season)

Imagine Florida 20 years from now where only natural landscaping is allowed. Only natural plants and lawns. Fertizlers are steroids for the “natural red tide”.

It’s one of the culprits. Have faith in the free market and human ingenuity that this will get solved because make no mistake red tide is man made.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrzybylski07 View Post
No one has had a rebuttal to sourbottom’s latest comment.
Because no one takes her seriously or cares what some disgruntled ex-resident has to say..so we just make jokes or troll her like I was doing

Old 12-03-2018, 04:59 AM

1,916 posts, read 3,911,223 times
[quote=JUntil we completely ban all fertizlers and correct the Lake O releases the problem will only get worse. I have hope eventually the free market will decide a nice green fake lawn is worth less then a house with a yellow lawn but free of any red tide or algae. (Only yellow during the dry season)
Imagine Florida 20 years from now where only natural landscaping is allowed. Only natural plants and lawns. Fertizlers are steroids for the “natural red tide”[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I follow this thread because we considered SW FL for retirement. We have inland bay pollution problems here in Delaware as well and it is linked to the residents and their lawn chemical obsession. Both my neighbors on each side of me douse their lawns with the cancer spray, but it doesn't surprise me. Every new cookie cutter development comes complete with mandatory lawn spray as well--how lovely.

Last edited by DelawareLiz; 12-03-2018 at 06:01 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area